Our medical software development company is in immediate need of a Software Quality Assurance Engineer for our software development department. We're committed to providing our customers with the highest quality software and hardware. We are looking for a dedicated and quality obsessed professional who takes the pride of testing and delivering high quality products and services to our customers.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS*
- Testing all software, from embedded software for Medical Device, Medical Device Server software systems to web-based reporting applications used by hospital users.
- Participating in project planning, requirement and design document reviews.
- Creating, executing, and maintaining test scripts for use within projects and regression testing, and automation testing.
- Installing, setting up and maintaining testing environments of hardware and operating systems (Windows Servers), as well as other software.
- Establishing and documenting a testing methodology, along with defect tracking and reporting.
- Working closely with the software development team and testing software in all phases of the development cycle.
- Developing in-depth product knowledge and document them in knowledge-based system.
- Supporting operation team to install, update, and upgrade customer site deployments.
- Troubleshooting and resolve customer issues.
- Reporting and tracking customer issues.
PREPARATION, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Master’s degree in Mathematics, computer science or related field from a 4-year college or university.
- 3-5 years’ experience in testing and releasing production software product.
- Good knowledge and testing experiences in server software applications and embedded software for hardware components.
- A strong sense of customer service, attention to details, and obsessed with high quality.
- Familiarity with client/server and web-based software applications as well as software installations.
- Strong understanding and experience of automation testing a plus.
- Experience in EDI interface integration and business process automation a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Fluent in Mandarin is a plus.
- Strong analytical problem-solving skills.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
Work can be completed remotely most days. Candidates should expect to visit the office on occasion for meetings or training.
Work Location: One location