The basic qualifications listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform this job:
- 5+ years of experience working with Physical Security Principles and/or Access Control/Intrusion Detection and CCTV Surveillance systems.
- 5+ years of Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design (CPTED) experience.
- 5+ years of experience in conducting reviews of existing facilities and applying Physical Security Principles to practical applications experienced at the site.
- 5+ years of experience in analysis of new and cutting edge Physical Security Technology and devices.
The Amazon Web Services (AWS) Special Programs Evaluations Assessments & Response (SPEAR) Team is looking for an independent, highly talented, and motivated physical security Evaluator to join the SPEAR Evaluations Americas (AMER) West Team. This position is located in Seattle, Washington, and is responsible for performing physical security evaluations of our data facilities in the AMER West Region. You will join a cadre of experienced and skilled specialists to evaluate the application of physical security including people, processes and measures to identify and document vulnerabilities and provide guidance on the path to resolution. You are also responsible for the creation of all written reports related to the evaluations you conduct. You will participate in the development, analysis, and implementation of physical security standards and identify areas for improvement.
As a SPEAR Evaluator, you will partner and work directly with other AWS Physical Security Teams, AWS Management, and customers to aid in the real world application of physical security to existing and new data facilities. You will also review new and cutting edge technology and security measures for possible application to the existing suite of security processes and measures to enhance the security posture of our data facilities.
You will work at all levels from the theoretical knowledge of physical security principles, to the practical application and real world implementation of processes and measures. Additionally, the candidate has knowledge of the concept and principles of Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design (CPTED), and the ability to complete associated data collection, analysis, presentations, and reports. You will execute detailed evaluations of our existing facilities identifying areas which can be improved to enhance the physical security posture of each site. To meet these requirements and ensure the delivery of the team’s mission, the position requires extensive global travel, amounting to 50% on average.
- Manage and lead the execution of evaluations of data facilities within AMER West. Ensure vulnerabilities identified as part of this evaluation process are documented and that effective mitigation actions are taken to resolve the security vulnerability.
- Partner directly with AWS Security customers to review security related documentation and help them understand the implementation of all physical security standards and policies to their real world environment.
- Develop and review new and cutting edge technology and security measures for possible application to the existing suite of security processes and measures to enhance the security posture of our data facilities.
- Assist the global SPEAR Team determine the strategic direction of the AWS Physical Security Program based on customer interaction and demonstrative outputs.
- Keep the AWS Security leadership team fully informed of stakeholder and customer engagement status, issues, and activities.
- Remain connected with industry trends and events. Develop and maintain connections with key industry personnel and manufacturers.
- Assist work of internal and external assessors or auditors as necessary.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life—both in and outside of work.
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
The preferred qualifications listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform this job:
- Experience in performing physical security assessments of people, processes and measure including access control/intrusion detection and CCTCV surveillance systems.
- Clear understanding of cloud computing services.
- Experience and proficiency in public speaking.
- Experience in building successful assessment programs.
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proven track record of leading and managing geographically dispersed team members.
- Experience in briefing and communicating with all levels of management.
- Track record for being detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow-through on projects.
- Demonstrated knowledge of physical security best practices to include but not limited to application of physical security systems, investigation techniques, management of contract security guards and incident management.
- Ability to handle confidential information with care.
- Ability to integrate into an international work environment.
- Ability to travel worldwide.
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.