The Process Engineer will work in coordination with global capsule and quality teams to optimize capsule manufacturing process, improving throughput, quality and reducing scrap. The Process Engineer will also work in coordination with cross-functional teams to execute both capital and process improvement projects. This position will be assigned to a night shift in support of a 24/7 manufacturing process.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Develop subject matter expertise on capsule manufacturing process, with focus on equipment operation and reliability.
- Identify key process inputs that affect capsule quality, and determine improved methods to trend these inputs.
- Use equipment reliability data to establish predictive maintenance tasking and schedules.
- Assist maintenance and production Technical Team in troubleshooting issues and identifying root causes for equipment failures and out of control process conditions.
- Identify opportunities to improve employee safety and initiate actions to put improvements in place.
- Maintain awareness of Finished Product quality results and potential correlation to equipment performance and trending.
- Facilitate collection of process and equipment data to compare with manufacturing process in France.
- Work jointly with Quality Department to utilize process data in identifying root cause and corrective actions associated with customer non-conformances.
- Work with Quality and production teams to correlate results of raw material tests to process equipment performance.
- Assist with qualification of new equipment, including safety risk assessment and validation of cleaning procedures. Monitor control output and quality results against expected outcomes.
- Develop capital and process improvement project scopes and objectives by reviewing project proposals and plans in conjunction with project sponsors.
- Perform overall quality control of all project work including budget, schedule, plans, and contractor performance by regularly reporting on project status.
- Assign responsibilities, serve as mentor and guide for the project team.
- Prepare, schedule, coordinate and monitor engineering and maintenance projects as assigned.
- Participate in collaborative discussions with customer related to product quality and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering;
- 2-5 years of previous manufacturing experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, & Access Database
- Knowledge and practical application of lean manufacturing principles, Six Sigma Green Belt Certification preferred.
- Excellent communication, written, and verbal skills, bilingual (French) preferred
- Experience in managing, coordinating, and organizing projects.
- Working knowledge of HACCP and GMP requirements
- Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality
- Ability to follow written and oral directions
- Must be comfortable functioning in a global business with weekly communications to other international locations
- Candidate must be enthusiastic and willing to grow with company and achieve company goals
Starting shift will be 5 pm - 5 am on a 2 on/2 off/3 on/2 off/2 on/3 off rotation