ELECTRICAL PHYSICAL DESIGNER / SENIOR ELECTRICAL PHYSICAL DESIGNER
Established engineering firm in Northern New Jersey is seeking experienced electric utility oriented electrical designers to work both out of our Oakland, NJ office and remotely.
Experience in physical layout and/or power and control wiring, design of raceways, cable/conduit/cabinet installations and/or schematic diagrams for substations, generating power plants and commercial facilities is preferred.
Candidates should have the ability to:
· produce all drawings from sketches, notes, vendor drawings, field walks, etc.
· produce material lists
· supervise workers engaged in drafting
· review work orders and procedural manuals and confer with vendors, clients and supervisor to resolve problems and modify designs.
· coordinate across disciplines
· perform check print reviews
· exercise sound judgment in design methods
· accurately estimate completion time of assignments
· effectively communicate with co-workers and client’s representatives (Engineers, Designers, Project Managers) in a positive, cooperative team-oriented environment.
The successful candidate will have:
· Bachelor’s Degree IN Electrical Engineering with 2 years’ experience as Electrical Designer or as Electrical Engineer.
· knowledge of AutoCAD and Microstation
· knowledge in Revit 3D Design preferred, but not required
· knowledge of NEC and electrical industry standards
· high level communication and organizational
· high level communication and organizational skills
· the ability to work in a fast paced environment
· willing to travel nationwide and abroad
Competitive Salary with benefits including 401k.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
Work Location: One location