Bonus of $2.00 extra per hour!
A hotel maintenance engineer has to perform various tasks like general maintenance, preventive and emergency maintenance of the hotel. There are various kinds of maintenance employees deployed for different kind types of maintenance and repairs work. Generally, hotel maintenance is done at front desk, rooms, parking, lobbies, restrooms and elevators of a hotel.
Summary of essential Hotel Maintenance Engineer job functions:
- The Maintenance Engineer responds to and handles guest and department radio requests in a courteous, efficient, safe manner and follow-up to ensure 100% satisfaction.
- Complete maintenance request work orders from all departments in a timely basis.
- The Maintenance Engineer communicates issues for follow up through use of e-mails, radio, and log books.
- Perform preventative maintenance assignments on a scheduled basis.
- The Maintenance Engineer ensures that equipment is working properly.
- Complete other special projects as assigned.
- Understands and executes preventative maintenance in all guest rooms and public areas and ensure that the hotel is in brand compliance.
Hotel Maintenance Engineer Minimum requirements
- 1-3 years of previous hotel experience preferred
- The Hotel Maintenance Engineer must be willing and have the ability to work a varied schedule that may include evenings, nights, holidays and weekends.
- Basic knowledge of painting, drywall, HVAC, electrical and plumbing is required.
- General knowledge of machines and basic hand and power tools.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to perform job functions with attention to detail, speed, and accuracy.
- Ability to stand, walk and move around during entire shift.
- The Hotel Maintenance Engineer must be able to lift, push, and pull items that weigh up to 100 pounds
- The Hotel Maintenance Engineer must have the ability to communicate clearly and directly with guests using a positive, clear speaking voice.
- Ability to read, comprehend and write simple instructions and/or short correspondence and memos.
- Listen to guest concerns and resolve in a timely manner, create authentic moments for our guests
- Work and interact well with departments throughout the hotel.
- Ability to perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $15.00 - $18.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- Weekend availability
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Plumbing: 1 year (Preferred)
- Hotel Maintenance: 1 year (Preferred)
- Basic Electrical: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location