EVS, Inc. is celebrating 40 years in business. We've been serving our clients' Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering, and Land Surveying needs since 1979.
Our firm offers specialized services to meet the demands of a variety of projects for private corporations, governmental agencies, EPC contractors, developers, and architects.
EVS, Inc. is seeking a Structural Engineer to join our team in the Minneapolis metropolitan area. The Structural Engineer will perform activities related to the design of Renewable Energy, Battery storage, commercial development, and military projects. We are seeking an Engineer who shares our passion for high quality design, loyalty to clients and a fast-paced work environment. This position will serve as a member of an integrated design team and be responsible for coordinating Structural design alongside other disciplines to meet project schedules and deliverables.
Working knowledge and skills in the following:
Revit or BIM experience is a plus
Microsoft Office software
RISA 3D or other FEA
LPile or similar
· Assist in the preparation of structural designs for including AHJ research, system, analysis & calculations, and drawing preparation.
· Apply department, and relevant standards to prepare specifications, calculations, drawings, and project specifications.
· Incorporate the requirements of the Engineering, Procurement, and Construction (EPC) contract, customer Requests for Proposals (RFPs), professional service agreements, or other contractual requirements ensuring the projects meet or exceed project goals.
· Coordinate with internal and external partners including cross-discipline, construction, vendors, fabricator(s), and owners to address structural-related issues or concerns.
· Support department managers in achieving performance goals for the department.
· Assist with preparation of design documents for solar Structural design including calculations, drawings and Structural specifications.
· Evaluate and retrofit existing structures.
· Complete Rooftop structural and constructability evaluations.
· Driven and cast-in-place deep foundation design and inspection
· Be able to perform pile design, corrosion evaluations, foundation design, and construction quality control
· 3-5 years of experience in Structural Design
· Bachelor’s degree in engineering in a civil or architectural engineering program from an ABET accredited four-year college or university program. Some masters’ coursework preferred.
· Engineer in Training
· Functional in utilizing spreadsheets, databases, word processing, and computer operations.
· Professional Engineering license is not required; however, applicant must possess the ability to attain licensure in the future
· Must be able to communicate effectively and constructively with other team members and disciplines
· Working knowledge with codes including: IBC, CBC, ASCE, AISC, ACI, PCI, NDS
· Must be detail oriented and efficient in problem solving
EVS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
- Structural Engineering: 3 years (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- Relocation assistance
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement