**PT 1099 Contract Position**
ABOUT US :
SMARTECH has been in business since 1993 and is a leader in delivering nationwide technology services and solutions to some of the country’s largest clients. We meet the needs of our customers by providing a flexible and skilled workforce. We bring an ability to complete projects and maintain budgetary control over variable costs. In addition to the United States corporate office, SMARTECH works with leading Fortune 500 companies and SMEs throughout the Asia-Pacific region and North America specializing in innovative technology systems and infrastructures. When you partner with SMARTECH, you talk to real people that want you to succeed!
We are a national leader in technology services and resolutions and a fast growing international company!
WHAT WE DO :
Our focus is Hardware: Desktops, Laptops, Servers, Printers, and POS systems. We have hundreds of technicians across the US that work onsite at customer’s locations providing hardware break-fix services, data migration, computer and printer installation, server repair/install and POS system repair. We close thousands of service calls each week and do whatever it takes to get our customers up and running again. We specialize in all types of technology, projects, desktop support and more.
THE OPPORTUNITY :
Our Field Service Technicians are performing residential and commercial hardware break-fix work on Laptops, Desktops, Printers, POS systems, and Servers. The products are typically under manufacturer warranty or are covered with an extended warranty. You could be working on a project team or individually providing service to multiple customers each day.
BENEFITS TO YOU
- Flexibility - In most cases, you set your own schedule with your customers.
- Field Work - Our team is based from home, and enjoys the benefit of being out in the field providing excellent customer service. This is a great entry level opportunity for field experience.
- Free Online Certification Program - We provide certifications in Dell, Dell/EMC Servers, and others.
- All Inclusive Flat Rate Pay Per Incident - (weekly by direct deposit, just one week in arrears) Our average service call lasts between 30-45 minutes and the majority are within a 80-mile radius depending on the area (Server calls may take up to 2 hours).
WHAT DOES IT TAKE TO BE SUCCESSFUL?
Be honest with us about your skills so you set yourself up for success from the beginning. If you can answer YES to the questions below we want to speak with you!
- Are you available to work M-F during normal business hours?
- Do you enjoy working on technology hardware?
- Have you ever built/rebuilt desktops or laptops from scratch?
- Have you replaced motherboards in laptops? (If you are not confident in performing this service this is not the job for you. Most of our service calls require this skill so there is no room for doubt.)
- Do you have reliable transportation and a smart phone?
- Are you available to start immediately? You must complete Dell certifications within 2 days of hire . (Certification completion time varies based on level of knowledge and your time allotment. Average time frame of 6-8 hours total)
- All candidates are encouraged to apply, but many positions require a drug and background check by our clients.