Mechanical Engineer, Machine Design
We are searching for a top-notch individual with strong mechanical aptitude and hands-on experience to join our engineering department. Would you like to work for a company where you can make a difference every day by helping to engineer and manufacture highly complex machines? If so, this is the job for you.
Intellivation is a locally owned and operated company which designs and manufactures innovative machinery used in the manufacturing of high-tech products for industries including flexible electronics, solar, medical devices, defense, and more. The machines are complex and are comprised of many mechanical, electrical, fluid, and plasma systems. We recently moved into a brand-new purpose-built facility and are poised for strong growth.
- 3D conceptual machine design utilizing SolidWorks (strong SolidWorks skills are required).
- Optimization of designs for manufacturability, assembly, and maintenance.
- Engineering analysis of designs including stress, deflection, thermal, and magnetic analyses.
- Detail design and generation of fabrication drawings.
- Generation of detail and assembly drawings with matching with MRP software.
- Coordination with internal machining and welding departments.
- Oversight of manufacturing operations for select projects or portions of projects.
- Final testing prior to shipping completed systems.
- Project management, customer interaction.
- Travel to customer sites for design reviews and for equipment installation.
- Can-do, team-based attitude.
- Smart, creative and innovative.
- Strong SolidWorks skills including 3D modeling of parts and assemblies, and 2D detail drawings.
- ABET accredited mechanical engineering degree (bachelor or higher).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- 1+ years of relevant experience.
- A strong background or interest in physics is preferred.
- Ability to travel domestically and abroad to customer sites (5% - 10% travel).
- Able to work indefinitely in the United States without need for sponsorship.
- This is a full-time salary position.
- Availability is immediate.
- Benefits include medical insurance; company-matched retirement; paid time off; paid holidays.
- No relocation assistance is provided.
- Job location is in N. Loveland / S. Fort Collins, CO.
Please submit your PDF cover letter and resume.
Recruiters: Please do not contact us regarding this position.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $60,000.00 - $85,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Mechanical Engineering: 5 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location