Lathe, CNC Programmer/Operator
Pay: $17.00 - $27.00 per Hour Depending on Experience
CNC Lathe Machinist on Day Shift and 2nd Shift. Do you like working with firearms? Do you have hand’s-on CNC Lathe experience: Do you enjoy working in a manufacturing environment? Are you looking for a company to join that offers a learning culture and stability? If you answered yes to these questions, then this is the job for you! JOB SUMMARY:
Performs advanced machine operation and adjustment to support the manufacture and finishing of parts. Has beginning to intermediate level setup skills on CNC turning center/lathe machines.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Operates and performs advanced setups on primarily turning center machines and some secondary operations.
- Operates and performs set up on a variety of customized secondary operation machines, drill presses, thread tapers, dimple presses, washing takins, broaching presses, and honing centers.
- Inspects articles to verify conformance to specifications applying b basic understanding of blue prints.
- Identifies damaged or inferior quality products.
- Performs SPC and maintains process to within target using appropriate computer software/hardware.
- Monitors machine operations and proactively seeks out additional work when available.
- Proactively recognized the need for machine maintenance and cleaning.
- Independently performs maintenance activities to ensure proper operation.
- Completes departmental paperwork and electronic data where applicable.
- Trains co-workers on how to operate, adjust, and set up machines.
- May perform in a foreman or lead role.
- High Scholl Diploma or equivalent.
- 4+ years machining/manufacturing experience.
- Intermediate Blueprint reading skills with the ability to read blueprints and measurement gauges to inspect for part conformity.
- Advanced math computation skills for reading and using measurement gauges and blueprints.
- Ability to understand and apply advanced geometric concepts (e.g., angles and degrees) in making basic adjustments or setting up basic tolling and holding fixtures in the laser machines.
- Ability to interpret GD&T.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and ability to multi-task (i.e., operate one machine while setting up another).
- Ability to read and communicate information and technical date effectively.
- Requires regular standing, sitting, stooping and bending.
Send Resume to CFS 13755 Hwy 62, Eagle Point OR 97524
Job Type: Full-time
- CNC Lathe: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)