Good pay! Good benefits! Good people! At Knife River, we take care of our team because we know it’s our people who make us successful. We are one of the 10 largest construction materials producers/contractors in the country, and we’re growing! We are adding people to our team every day — people who are committed to working safely and to delivering high-quality results for our customers.
We have an excellent opportunity for an experienced Truck or Heavy Equipment Mechanic (Swing Shift) at our Shop in Sherwood, Oregon!
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Help maintain and repair construction trucks and equipment, including hydraulic repair, brake work, electrical repairs and welding.
- May perform service repairs in the field.
- May have the opportunity to work on a wide variety of units from small fleet vehicles, class 8 trucks/trailers, construction equipment and large mining machines.
- Complete all paperwork that may be necessary.
- Must have own journeyman hand tools, but Knife River does provide large tools and has a replacement policy.
- Assure all safety policies and procedures are followed to prevent any and all unsafe actions, processes and behaviors observed.
- Other duties assigned as needed.
3:30 PM to 12:00 AM
Must have the ability to work flexible shifts, including overtime, off shifts and weekends.
How To Apply:
- Previous mechanical experience on class 8 trucks, trailers and equipment.
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- Welding and fabrication experience desirable.
- Clean driving record.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment criminal background check, physical/functional exam and drug screen.
- Display a professional and courteous attitude towards all team members.
To be considered for this position, candidates must complete and submit an employment application at jobs.mdu.com by the posting deadline noted above. If unable to complete an application online you may print and send completed application to any Knife River NW address or stop in one of our locations to complete an application. Knife River is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status or any other protected category under applicable state/federal law.
Subject to pre-employment drug testing and background check.
We offer a competitive benefit package, which includes medical, dental, vision, short term disability, 401k with matching contribution, profit sharing bonus, benefits extension, paid time off, 8 paid holidays, safety incentive program and years of service milestones.
Wage includes $2.00 swing shift pay differential.
Put Your Skills to Work with Us!
At Knife River, we are committed to helping our military transition to civilian life. We are constantly looking to add veterans to our workforce and want to make the transition as smooth as possible. There are many jobs within the military that are transferable to our Mechanic position:
Wheeled Vehicle Mechanic
Track Vehicle Repairer
Construction Equipment Repairer
Caterpillar Diesel Technician
Advanced Construction Mechanic
Engineer Equipment Mechanic