Produce the best possible atmosphere for worship through sound reinforcement. This includes, but is not limited to, creating the best music mix possible, creating an audio mix that meets the mood the pastor/worship leader wants to convey, following the expectations of the supervisor and supporting the audio needs of the people involved with the church service. Ultimately, glorify God through providing excellent audio services.
Qualifications & Skills Required:
1. The knowledge and understanding of digital sound boards, live stage equipment, and lighting.
2. To have an ear for the mix and levels that are good for the current environment and willing to strive to make it better.
3. Able to work in a team settings and take directions.
4. Understanding that all environments are different, the basic knowledge of analog and digital mixers will be required as we allow time for learning the current equipment.
5. Have good communication skills and willing to work with others to achieve a common success.
6. Ability to think quickly and react/trouble-shoot properly in high stress situations.
7. Sometimes, research hardware and software outside of allotted times to learn the gear more clearly.
8. Willing to attend training sessions and read/watch other training material for improving existing skills.
Length of Service: 1 year minimum followed by evaluations and assessment for continued service
Time Required: Service times are from 8:55am to 12:30pm on Sundays, so you would need to be there 1-hour before the service through 1/2 hour after the service when scheduled. Practices are important and on Wednesday nights, usually from 6:30 to 9:30pm. Attend any quarterly meetings, typically 1 hour in length and held in evening or after church.
1. Set up stage for musicians when needed, usually involving small changes depending on the players.
2. Perform proper line check.
3. Perform proper sound check; includes gain settings, monitor mixes, proper volume settings, and the eq/mixing process.
4. Check with worship leader and pastor for schedule and any schedule changes.
1. Responsible for adjusting sound levels during service as needed.
2. Responsible for following worship leader’s direction and musician’s direction during services. For example, boosting monitor levels.
3. Responsible for recording the service and for setting levels for the live-stream.
4. Responsible for following stage and schedule cues.
5. Responsible for providing a distraction-free service as it relates to audio production.
1. Return media to individuals? (Backing CD to soloist, DVD to visiting missionary, etc.)
2. Talk with the band to find out if issues existed for them during service.
3. Note any broken/faulty equipment and take it out of service if possible.
4. Clear stage of equipment as needed.
We understand that being a sound engineer is task oriented and demanding in live situations. We are looking for someone who is able to work with the team in harmony and help make the environment as best as possible. Though experience is important, we are looking for someone who is excited to learn and work together to achieve what God has given us in the best way possible.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $25.00 - $35.00 per hour
We have created an environment that is responding to all the current social distancing norms in order to keep people safe. The sound booth is away from the crowd and elevated upstairs for audio purposes.
Ability to Commute/Relocate:
- Wilmington, NC 28409: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- audio mixing: 2 years (Required)