What We Do
With residents and partners, LISC forges resilient and inclusive communities of opportunity across America – great places to live, work, visit, do business and raise families.
Strategies We Pursue
Equip talent in underinvested communities with the skills and credentials to compete successfully for quality income and wealth opportunities.
Invest in businesses, housing and other community infrastructure to catalyze economic, health, safety and educational mobility for individuals and communities.
Strengthen existing alliances while building new collaborations to increase our impact on the progress of people and places.
Develop leadership and the capacity of partners to advance our work together
Drive local, regional, and national policy and system changes that foster broadly shared prosperity and well-being.
Over the last 40 years, LISC and its affiliates have invested approximately $20 billion in businesses, affordable housing, health, educational mobility, community and recreational facilities, public safety, employment and other projects that help to revitalize and stabilize underinvested communities. Headquartered in New York City, LISC’s reach spans the country from East coast to West coast in 36 markets with offices extending from Buffalo to San Francisco. Visit us at www.lisc.org
COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT OFFICER--NYC
LISC NYC is seeking a full time Community Development Officer to support the advancement of inclusive community and economic development by supporting initiatives in select markets, creating tools and resources, and sharing best practices with partners. The Community Development Officer will work under the guidance of Director of Programs to support the integration of inclusive economic development strategies and other programs into LISC’s comprehensive community development work. The ideal candidate has prior experience in one or more of the following areas: commercial and/or industrial district revitalization, supporting cross sector partnerships and engagement strategies, small businesses support, data analysis, comprehensive community development, disaster recovery.
- Support efforts led by the LISC NYC team, including the development and implementation of strategy that prioritizes and guides coordinated programmatic activity in targeted communities across NYC.
- Manage a portfolio of assigned community and economic development programs as part of the LISC NYC implementation strategy.
- As needed, facilitate and convene meetings, trainings, and peer gatherings to build the capacity of program participants, LISC NYC partners, the local community, and other public sector and private sector stakeholders in the programs.
- Establish and coordinate technical assistance resources for partners and program participants.
- Develop and manage relationships with economic development and other partners including community-based organizations, mission-driven developers, impact investors, financial institutions and local/state agencies in order to foster inclusive community and economic development.
- Working with colleagues in development and communications, assist in the preparation and monitoring of grants that fund programs including providing program constructs for grant applications and collecting information for mandated grant reports
- Assume responsibility for special projects and other assignments, as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in business, finance, urban planning, public policy, or related field is required. Master’s degree is preferred.
- Minimum 3-5 years relevant work experience overseeing place based community and / or economic development initiatives. Experience working in neighborhoods of opportunity preferred.
- Deep understanding of the community development field, knowledge related to community development financing preferred
- Working knowledge of the economic, political, and social environments of national economic development field
- Solution-oriented individual who is self-directed, and able to successfully balance multiple priorities and programs
- Experience working with community development organizations, public agencies, private developers, funders and lenders.
- Commitment to accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, research, analysis, time management and relationship/team building skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
LISC offers a competitive salary and excellent fringe benefits.
Please send a cover letter and resume via email with "Community Development Officer—LISC NYC” in the subject line
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
LISC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Parental Leave
- Retirement Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vision Insurance
- community or economic development: 3 years (Required)
- grant management: 3 years (Required)
- community development financing: 3 years (Required)