OBG (www.OBG.com), also known as O’Brien & Gere, is committed to creating a better future by making a difference each day. As of January 1, 2019, OBG is proud to be part of Ramboll. Ramboll is a highly purpose-driven company with strong fundamentals and represents the same client- and people-centric focus that you have come to expect from OBG. Our combined resources bring our North American presence to 2,000 experts across more than 70 offices. Together, we offer our clients enhanced, multidisciplinary solutions from front-end consultancy to back-end engineering, project delivery, and design-build services
For more than 70 years, OBG has specialized in engineering and problem solving, but the Company’s greatest strength is creating comprehensive, integrated solutions for our clients. OBG – There’s a way.
Ramboll is currently seeking an engineer or scientist for our growing Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) practice. The successful candidate will work within one of our offices located in Albany, Syracuse, or Rochester, New York to service our industrial and institutional clients. This position will provide environmental compliance support to projects within our National Compliance Practice in New York and throughout the country. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Conduct environmental, health & safety (EHS) regulatory reviews for various compliance programs (air, waste, wastewater, stormwater, petroleum and chemical bulk storage, etc.)
- Contribute to the preparation of EHS plans, reports, permit applications and other project documents; assist in technical evaluations of data commensurate with experience; execute / perform air dispersion modeling
- Provide support for field programs and perform field tasks (sampling, complete field documentation, site inspections, contractor oversight) working independently or in a team under the supervision of mid or senior level staff
- Interact with internal subject matter experts (SMEs), internal management, and our clients
- Complete general engineering and scientific calculations and assessments
- Perform data entry and database management using various software applications
- Individual must be capable of completing above tasks with basic supervision
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- B.S. in Chemical, Civil/Environmental Engineering, Environmental Science, or Meteorology / Atmospheric Sciences required
- 2-5 years of experience in the EHS consulting field or a related industrial position
- Highly motivated, team-oriented individual to work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills are required
- Occasional travel (10-40%), primarily to job sites throughout Northeast, required
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, race, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Equal access to programs, services and employment is available to all persons. Should an applicant require reasonable accommodation with the application or the interview process, please notify the Human Resources Department.
O’Brien & Gere is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.