Orion Talent, the nation’s largest military recruiting firm, is currently recruiting transitioning or former military professionals for Project Engineer positions with a company that strives to provide the highest quality products and services, always making patient safety and customer satisfaction its top priorities.
Gurnee, IL (30 minutes North of Chicago, IL)
Base Pay is $75K + Bonus Total 1st Year W2 For Top Performer ~ $85K+.
Monday-Friday, 8am – 4:30 pm
- Benefits – effective 1st of month following hire date
- BCBS Illinois – HMO / PPO / HSA
- Guardian Dental – HMO or PPO plan
- EyeMed Vision – PPO plan
- Company paid life insurance and Accidental Death & Dismemberment 1x base rate
- To purchase: ?Short- & Long-Term Disability; Additional life insurance for employee/spouse/children; Identity Theft
- 401k with Merrill Lynch - Company may match 50% of the first 4%, and 25% of the next 1% of eligible pay that you contribute.
- PTO = 14 days accrued per full calendar year.
As a Project Engineer, your primary objective is product development from verification of the viability of products with market and customers through product transfer to production and launch. You will serve as Technical Lead for products ranging from material and product design, new product development, regulatory updates, and process improvements. You will plan, schedule, and lead the evaluation, selection, and adaptation of various materials, components, test methods, engineering techniques, and procedures with minimal guidance. Additional requirements will include:
- Product development and modification of Suction and Oxygen Therapy products through adherence to established design control processes and good engineering practices.
- Lead product development from concept through various stages of prototyping to final design by applying sound engineering principles including identification of product requirements, concept design and selection, prototyping, testing, etc. Responsible for material selection, part and product design, design verification, and design transfer to manufacturing.
- Interface with customers and suppliers on medical device design requirements.
- Work closely with internal company functions (Sales, Marketing, Quality, Regulatory, Production and Purchasing) to provide technical expertise, develop design solutions, and introduce new products and product changes that meet customer and regulatory requirements.
- Design for manufacturability through collaboration with Industrial and Manufacturing Engineering. Assist with development of assembly work instructions and training of production personnel to ensure product design, performance and quality requirements are met.
- Effectively perform new product design verification and transfer working with Quality and Manufacturing engineering. Prepare and execute engineering studies, verification protocols and validation protocols. Generate technical documentation for design control files.
- Lead design improvements of existing products, ensuring compatibility to design requirements through appropriate verification testing.
- Work with Product Manager to develop and manage project schedules that include cross functional teams of technical support groups, to meet deliverables and commitments. Organize project plans and manage projects to completion by monitoring project progress, coordinating activities, resolving conflicts, and periodically reporting on project status to management.
- Create component part drawings, assembly drawings, and solid models of parts and assemblies (Solid Works). Organize and maintain digital files. Release and revise documents and drawings through established engineering change control process.
- Create and maintain part data and assembly BOM and MOM data in company’s ERP system (Epicor).
- Work directly with OEM customer engineering teams to establish product design requirements and assure adherence to those requirements.
- Understand international product standards and regulatory requirements to verify that design and labelling elements meet requirements. Perform technical reviews of product literature, manuals, and promotional materials.
- Responsible for product labelling creation, assuring that requirements are met with input from Marketing and Regulatory Affairs.
- Ideal candidate is a get-it done team player, who takes pride in having the following strong characteristics and traits: self-starter, able to manage parallel project assignments, willing to learn and become proficient in multiple software applications, proactive in seeking advice and counsel, organized, detail oriented, good written and verbal skills, and enjoys the work they do.
- Able to work closely with Design and Marketing and other technical staff to develop and produce design and production documents.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering highly preferred. Mechanical Engineer with manufacturing design background ideal.
- Experience leading cross-functional project teams.
- Working knowledge of CAD software, Solid Works experience preferred.
- Familiarity with design and material selection for various manufacturing processes:
(injection molding, die cast, machining, sheet metal forming, etc.).
- Working knowledge of design control process as well as FMEA and Risk Analysis.
- Experience using stage-gate process for new product development.
- Experience using Design for Manufacture and Assembly (DFMA) analysis to simplify the product assembly and estimate component/product costs.
- Design engineering experience.