Based in Wheeling, WV, the Ziegenfelder Company is a private, family owned frozen novelty manufacturer that focuses solely on producing the highest quality frozen ice novelties, commonly referred to as twin pops. We are the largest manufacturer of twin pops in the country with production facilities in Wheeling, WV; Chino, CA; and Denver, CO.
The Ziegenfelder Company has averaged solid double-digit growth for the past 15 years while growing our tribe from 60 employees in one facility with three production lines to over 300 employees across three facilities and 10 production lines. Core to our success has always been making the highest quality, best tasting products in the market and selling them to valued customers at the best possible price. The Ziegenfelder Company owns and produces the brand Budget Saver, as well as, licensed and private labeled products for premiere retailers, such as Albertsons, Dollar General, Kroger, and Walmart. 24/7 operations in our three facilities, generates over 2.2 million pops per day.
Ziegenfelder’s growth and success is clearly due to our dedicated tribe. We value integrity, creativity and innovation, and are committed to positively impacting our workforce and the communities in which we live and work.
Growing together and revolutionizing our company to bring smiles to every home in America.
Making people smile with really cool treats
Growing Together: Our journey to achieving “best in class” in people, processes, and innovation.
ZIEGGY ESSENTIALS – T.W.I.N.S.
Think Tribe First
Win by Always doing the Right Thing
Inspire Each Other
Nurture our Zieggy Economy
This is an exciting time for Ziegenfelder as we are innovating and growing and looking towards the future! Over the next 4 years we are working towards automating many manufacturing positions including adding robotics into the mix and your role is significant in making this happen.
As our Plant Engineer for Wheeling, you will drive Ziegenfelder to the next levels and beyond with your technical skills and insights. You will be responsible and accountable for leading, training and developing mission-critical, service and technical competencies of our maintenance tribe in our Wheeling facility. Your expertise in preventative maintenance, innovation and change, along with your understanding of and commitment to our tribe and our strategy, will help influence our future in our fast-paced environment.
Your inspiring leadership, strategic capabilities, and creative operational expertise, will help guide our maintenance and engineering initiatives, forming an environment for optimal efficiencies and productivity in our Wheeling WV facility. Crucial is your ability to work collaboratively with our leadership and entire Zieggy tribe for the benefit of our customers, and our consumers.
Our tribe members are the heart and soul of Ziegenfelder. Your attitude and interactions as an inspiring leader and change agent will influence and engage our maintenance and operations tribe. Your responsibilities also include developing talent within our maintenance and engineering tribe, providing mentorship, training and tools for success for promising careers.
Leading by example is a must. You will need to demonstrate initiative, personal accountability, integrity, and credibility, as well as, openness to change. Your actions and decisions will be made with our Zieggy Essentials in mind.
· Coordinate and direct projects with detailed plans to accomplish goals and oversee the integration of technical and mechanical activities.
· Plan and lead the installation, testing, operation, preventative maintenance, maintenance and repair of production, auxiliary, and overall facility equipment to create a streamlined and effective process.
· Provide guidance and inspire the work of our maintenance tribe, collaborating closely on the training and development of maintenance staff competencies.
· Develop, document and implement policies, standards and procedures for the preventative maintenance, engineering and technical work performed.
· Perform administrative functions such as reviewing and writing reports, approving expenditures, and making decisions regarding purchases of materials or services.
· Knowledge and demonstrated application of fundamental concepts, practices and procedures of design engineering
· Experience with large manufacturing equipment, preferably in the food and beverage industry
· Ability to manage multiple projects / assignments simultaneously
· Skilled in team building and demonstrated experience in effectively working with cross functional teams to get positive results
· Demonstrated experience in analysis and complex problem solving
· Working knowledge & programming experience in PLC’s and HMI’s, preferably in Allen Bradley
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, AutoCAD or SolidWorks
· Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (mechanical, electrical, industrial or manufacturing highly preferred)
· Climbing. Ascending or descending ladders, stairs, scaffolding, ramps, poles and the like, using feet and legs and/or hands and arms. Body agility is emphasized. This factor is important if the amount and kind of climbing required exceeds that required for ordinary locomotion.
· Stooping. Bending body downward and forward by bending spine at the waist. This factor is important if it occurs to a considerable degree and requires full motion of the lower extremities and back muscles.
· Kneeling. Bending legs at knee to come to a rest on knee or knees.
· Crouching. Bending the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine.
· Reaching. Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
· Walking. Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly for long distances or moving from one work site to another.
· Light work. Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for sedentary work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated for light work.
· The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or operation of machines (including inspection); using measurement devices; and/or assembly or fabrication parts at distances close to the eyes.
· The worker is subject to environmental conditions. Protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature changes.
· The worker is subject to noise. There is sufficient noise to cause the worker to shout in order to be heard above ambient noise level.
· The worker is subject to hazards. Includes a variety of physical conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical current, working on scaffolding and high places, exposure to high heat or exposure to chemicals.
Come thrive at Ziegenfelder with your true passion for people, efficiencies and innovation. Bring with you your ability to embrace a fast-paced, changing environment. Your, inspiration & innovation to nurture our remarkable tribe will deliver a positive business impact.
This position does not sponsor applicants for work visas.
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 1 year (Preferred)