TCT Network's commitment to exceptional programming and viewer satisfaction begins and ends with our staff and we're looking for a dedicated Regional Engineer to add to our Broadcast Engineering team. If you have a sincere desire to utilize your talents in a Christian ministry setting and fit the criteria listed below, we would like to hear from you. TCT Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Associate degree or higher in Electrical Engineering, Electronics Technology, or related technical field preferred.
- Society of Broadcast Engineers Certification preferred.
- Successful candidate must be a multi-tasker with substantial broadcast engineering experience, as well as a working knowledge of IT systems and the advanced broadcast technologies of a digital television station.
- Must be able to troubleshoot and repair component level electronics as related to the operation of television transmission, studio, and control systems.
- Organizational skills sufficient for timely filing of required reports, scheduling of preventative maintenance, and general coverage of required activities of the Engineering Department.
- Must be available on an on-call basis for emergency situations.
- Must be able to travel, bend, lift and carry up to 50 pounds as well as climb ladders and utilize step stools to maintain equipment.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and have a sufficiently clean MVR to be authorized to operate company vehicles as required by our insurance carrier.
- Monitor and maintain full compliance with all pertinent F.C.C. rules dealing with technical operations of broadcast television stations and their associated sub-systems.
- Maintain station technical files, records, logs, licenses, permits, authorizations or other required documentation.
- The training of all transmitter operations personnel to a skill level which renders those employees knowledgeable and capable of performing their duties in full compliance with F.C.C. rules prior to assuming their responsibilities.
- Maintain all transmission and studio facilities in a clean, orderly and safe manner.
- Maintain 24 hour “on-call” availability with station personnel and others who may be able to render assistance. Responsible for arranging a competent alternate staff member as a back-up during sick days, vacation, and other approved absences.
- Responsible for assisting the Engineering Department in its role of researching and recommending for purchase capital and non-capital items needed for the proper operation of network technical facilities under direct supervision of the VP of Engineering and Great Lakes Regional Engineer.
- Responsible for any other duties assigned by the V.P. of Engineering.
- Reports directly to V.P. of Engineering.
- Reports indirectly to the Great Lakes Regional Engineer in the area of organization, technical policy and project management.
- Technical performance and skills are evaluated by V.P. of Engineering, who advises the President and Station Managers where appropriate.
Job Type: Full-time
- engineering: 1 year (Preferred)
- United States (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Paid time off
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Innovative -- prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity