Software Engineers at Noregon design, develop, and install software solutions. The successful candidate will be able to build high-quality, innovative and fully performing software in compliance with coding standards and technical design.
- Works with Project Managers and customers to define requirements and develop requirements specifications.
- Demonstrates increasing technical proficiency in software design and construction through implementation of increasingly complex software and program functionality as evidenced by results of design and code reviews.
- Participates in or leads requirements, design, code and test plan reviews.
- Provides input to Test Engineers to facilitate test plan development.
- Mentors and provides guidance to technical issues to less experienced staff members.
- Accumulates and uses industry information to improve the quality of products and services.
- Provides accurate effort and duration estimates of engineering work to Account and Project managers.
- Develops code, documentation and specifications in accordance with Noregon Quality Assurance Plan.
- Effectively interacts with individuals at all business levels in a variety of situations requiring business acumen.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum of three to five years of experience in a Software Engineering role.
- High level proficiency using software development tools and languages.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience with two or more of the following: C/C++, C#, .Net, Java, SQL.
- Experience developing Windows/Embedded Systems based applications.
- Understanding of object-oriented analysis and design concepts (UML).
- Understanding of software development methodologies (Waterfall & Agile).
- Multi-threaded programming experience or understanding is a plus.
Noregon specializes in creating custom software solutions and products for the commercial transportation and military industries. In addition to in-shop diagnostic solutions for the commercial fleet and repair industry, Noregon provides expertise in e-business, client-server, & embedded applications along with onboard vehicle network development. For more information on Noregon services and products, visit www.noregon.com
We have Great Benefits!
- 14 days of vacation and 9 paid holidays
- 4 weeks paid parental leave
- Paid sabbatical every 5 years of service
- Pet insurance
- Great location in the heart of North Carolina’s Piedmont. Next to airport, shopping, parks, restaurants and top notch entertainment.
- Our facility is located in a modern business park with awesome walking trails lined with trees
- Flex Work Hours
- Work-play Balance- Ping Pong Tables at Work!!
- Outstanding Recognition Program (offering substantial prizes)
- Full Benefits Package including 401k, Medical, Dental and PTO
- Competitive Salary
- Innovative Industry Leader
Disclaimer: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed, but are not to be seen as a complete list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Also, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer. Noregon Systems, Inc is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $100,000.00 - $115,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- What are your salary requirements?
- This is not a 100% remote position. Although Noregon offers flexibility with hybrid/WFH scheduling options, our employees are required to come into the office as needed.
- Will you, now or in the future require Visa Sponsorships (H1B)?