Lead with us as you manage small to medium projects and support large, multiple development, technology, engineering, or capital projects. Engage with us as you work closely with other functions to help them understand packaging materials and operations. Innovate with us as you provide support with your packaging knowledge and expertise within the Company in a specific discipline. While you are at it you’ll be building your network and expertise in a thriving environment of professional development and teamwork. And together we’ll shape a stronger future for our company and your career.
HERE’S A TASTE OF WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
In your role as a Packaging Engineer, you will be part of our success by:
- Provides technical or scientific direction and expertise within the department
- Exhibiting innovation in discovery, advancing, and evaluating of new technologies in the area of packaging material handling research and development, which can have a significant impact on new packaging, improved packaging or packaging systems, and capital avoidance
- Providing innovative, timely, and cost-effective improvements, concepts, developments, or scientific insight and understanding with respect to new or existing packaging and material handling systems
- Supporting the identification, evaluation, and implementation of packaging innovation; cost, performance, functionality and design; based on company objectives and aligned with customer and customer needs
- Developing, organizing, managing, and coordinating important packaging projects
YOUR RECIPE FOR SUCCESS
As well as a hunger to learn and succeed in Research and Development, to be considered for this position you must be able to meet the following requirements:
Bachelor’s Degree in Packaging Engineering
Clear understanding of packaging design, materials, equipment, and systems, as well as giving general direction to assigned teams in accomplishing projects on technical and scientific investigation or developments
Expertise in a specific discipline, keeping current with the latest developments and technology through investigation, training, and communication within that discipline
Demonstrates leadership within a specific discipline and assists in developing company philosophy and direction within that discipline
An entrepreneurial spirit goes a long way!
Advanced degree in a technical discipline
CPG Packaging experience
This role requires travel and flexibility in your schedule as you will need the ability to travel 25%+ of the time.
It’s best to apply today, because job postings can be taken down and we wouldn’t want you to miss this opportunity. To learn more about what’s next, click on one of the links below:
Kellogg Stories and News
THE FINER PRINT
The ability to work a full shift, come to work on time, work overtime as needed and the ability to work according to the necessary schedule to meet job requirements with or without reasonable accommodation is an essential function of this position
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, disability, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, age, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
GROW With Us.
Job Function Research and Development
Primary Location USA-MI-Battle Creek - Corporate Headquarters
Job Type Professional
Closing Date Nov 27, 2020, 9:59:00 PM