CORE BUSINESS OPERATIONS
Core Business Operations (CBO) is an integrated set of offerings that addresses our clients' core business issues. CBO provides a gamut of consulting services spanning advisory, implementation and operations. CBO practitioners help our clients transform, modernize, and run their existing technology platforms right from process design to implementation and finally ensuring roll-out transition.
CBO has four different offerings — Systems Engineering focused on design, delivery and support of large scale software applications and integrated systems; Cloud Engineering focused on end-to-end cloud services from migration strategy into transformation and cloud operations; Core Industry Solutions focused on industry vertical, sector specific solutions that drive operational change and automate the core of the business; and Operations Transformation focused on creating a flexible, innovative business model for clients supported by a strong operations foundation. CBO serves clients across Life Sciences and Health Care, Government & Public Services and Financial Services among other industries.
At Deloitte Consulting LLP, our Systems Engineering specialists help clients manage the complexity inherent with technology change, from requirements planning to architecture, testing to deployment, and beyond, helping to link their IT programs to organizational goals. And we offer a complete range of industry-leading services, including systems development, solution and platform integration. Learn more about our Systems Engineering practice.
As a Senior Consultant at Deloitte Consulting, you will be responsible for leading the design, development and deployment of large-scale complex software solutions at an enterprise level. These applications are often high-volume mission critical systems and would provide you an exposure to a broad range of technologies across all layers of architecture in the Java J2EE technology stack. You will be responsible for independently lead the team and mentor junior team members, collaborating team across shores to understand the functional requirements and translate them into work products. You will be involved in end-to-end delivery of the project from estimations, planning and execution. You would also be responsible for tracking status and collecting metrics for analysis.
The Work you’ll do
- Lead and drive discussions with business and functional analysts and come up with technical architecture and design and help the team shape requirements and resolve ambiguities.
- Understand the impact of adapting different architectures and designs and present the same to all relevant stakeholders. Manage both functional and technical requirements while deciding on technical solutions.
- Develop solutions following established technical design, application development standards and quality processes in projects.
- Manage project execution by defining the work-breakdown structure in accordance with the master project plan and track the progress.
- Establish technical design / development guidelines, templates and standards and ensure that the team follows them.
- Run the daily calls / scrum meetings with respect to deliverables and build the weekly status reports to be reviewed with leadership.
- Perform detailed reviews on deliverables. Provide technical guidance to the team members.
- Interact with other stakeholders not limited to end-user clients, Project Manager/Scrum master, Business Analysts, offshore development, testing and other cross-functional teams.
CBO practitioners work on design, delivery and support of a variety of solutions that help our clients meet business objectives. These solutions range from large scale ground-up custom developed applications, to cloud based development and integration services as well as customizing industry sector focused packages. As a Java/J2EE capability hire on this team, you would get opportunities to work on all adjacent area technologies such as user interface/user experience development, integration services, business rules engine solutions, or cloud based service.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
7 to 10 years of hands on technical experience on web / application development using Java / JEE technology stack.
Skills / Project Experience - required:
Skills / Project Experience - good to have:
- Strong conceptual knowledge in OOPS, Core Java, Collections, Multithreading, Socket Programming.
- Experience with working on frameworks: Spring Boot all modules, Spring/Struts, JDBC, Hibernate, WebService (SOAP/REST)
- Experience on web/application servers (Tomcat, JBoss, WildFly, WebSphere etc.).
- Experience on any of the JMS/Messaging tools like Apache ActiveMQ, RabbitMQ, Message Brokers, Kafka, etc.
- Experience in designing and driving comprehensive UI unit test case suites using Jasmine and Karma.
- Experience in component-based design and able to design component model using atomic design principles.
- Able to design component libraries by identifying the common components across projects/modules.
- Strong understanding of ngRx, UI design patterns.
- Experience in building UI applications using Webpack.
- Strong experience in DevOps process and tools like Jenkins/Bamboo/UrbanCode also build technology like Maven/Gradle
- Strong experience with Github/Bitbucket/Subversion,/Perforce etc. versioning systems.
- Experience with micro services development using Spring/Spring boot or any other technology framework.
- Experience with UML (Class, Sequence, Domain Model) and on various design patterns
- Ability to work with automated unit test frameworks like Junit, Mockito and drive end-to-end testing of modules.
- Ability to write SQL with complex joins on RDBMS, understanding of database functions
- Ability to communicate clearly across teams in the project and having excellent verbal and written communication skills for articulating architecture and design principles
- Experience managing medium sized teams
- Limited immigration sponsorship may be available
- Experience working with API Gateway, SSO, Security, Log aggregators, Application monitoring tools and Config servers.
- Experience with Application Performance Management and Monitoring tools
- Understanding of Load Balancing, Routing, Failover and Self-healing
- Understanding of event driven design and Java workflow process automation engines
- Experience in developing and deploying applications to cloud platforms AWS, GCP, PCF, etc
- Experience with NoSQL databases like MongoDB/ Apache Cassandra
- Experience on Agile/Scrum based delivery
- Experience in different architectural designs for complex enterprises
- Industry recognized Technology Certifications
- A willingness to travel 80-100% of the time
How you’ll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose:
to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you’re applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.