$1000 SIGN ON BONUS
Facility Shift Engineer:
- Respond and attend to guest repair requests. Communicate with guests/customers to resolve maintenance issues with little to no supervision. Assure each day’s activities and problems that occur are communicated to the other shifts using approved communication programs and standards.
- Display ability to perform Engineer on Duty responsibilities, including readings and rounds. Visually inspect tools, equipment, or machines. Carry equipment (e.g., tools, radio). Identify, locate, and operate all shut-off valves for equipment and shut-offs for buildings.
- Perform preventive maintenance on tools and equipment, including cleaning and lubrication. Maintain maintenance inventory and requisition parts and supplies as needed. Assist with surface preparation and painting, minor drywall and wood trim repair, light bulb and A/C filter replacement and the complete and thorough cleanup of the painting or repair area.
- Display basic ability to repair or replace PVC copper pipe (including soldering). Troubleshoot and perform basic repair on all types of equipment (e.g., pump and motor replacement), plumbing (e.g., plunge toilets and unclog drains), electrical equipment including lamps, cosmetic items, extension cords, vacuum cleaners, internet devices, replace electrical switches and outlets, and other guestroom items.
- Display proficiency in any one of the following categories, above average skills in two more of the following categories and basic skills in the remaining categories: air conditioning and refrigeration, electrical, mechanical, plumbing, pneumatic/electronic systems and controls, carpentry and finish skills, kitchen equipment,
- Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures; report any maintenance problems, safety hazards, accidents, or injuries; complete safety training and certifications; and properly store flammable materials. Use the Lockout/Tagout system before performing any maintenance work.
- Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards, anticipate and address guests’ service needs, assist individuals with disabilities, and thank guests with genuine appreciation. Ensure uniform and personal appearances are clean and professional, maintain confidentiality of proprietary information, and protect company assets.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others, support team to reach common goals, and listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees. Speak with others using clear and professional language. Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 50 pounds without assistance and heavier lifting or movement tasks with assistance.
- 2 years experience in commercial or institutional environment.
- HVAC-R, plumbing, carpentry, painting or electrical skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with public and Team Members.
- Read, write and understand English.
- Medical, Dental and Vision health insurance
- Paid Time Off
- shift meal free or discounted
- Great Hilton team member travel benefits
EOE AA- Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.00 - $21.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
We are 5 star certified for COVID 19 cleanliness.
- Maintenance: 1 year (Preferred)