We are looking for a Senior Full-Stack Developer to join our Software Development team and contribute to the design, development, testing and deployment of new features and products that will complement the solutions offered by technology companies that are members of the Wesley Clover International portfolio. The successful candidate will work with a team of local and international developers to produce new offerings that are high in quality and reliability, that scale easily, and that provide increased value to existing and new customers.
A key member of the development team, the candidate will be based in the Wesley Clover head offices in Kanata and report to the Director of Technology there.
The successful candidate will:
· Supervising junior developers and leading code reviews.
· Designing and developing the DevOps lifecycle of the projects.
· Collaborate well with local and international team members in any and all phases of product design, build, test, and shipment.
· Iterate software development in an agile fashion creating hypotheses and testing them with incremental code shipments and continuous integration.
· Identify multiple solutions to a problem and evaluate these for fit given the objectives and constraints of the project.
The successful candidate will meet the following requirements:
· A post-secondary Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering.
· 8+ years of strong design and development skills and ability to produce maintainable cloud-based application development and microservices.
· Development experience in high volume, SAAS platforms.
· Test-driven Development (TDD) and Unit Testing methods and techniques.
· Expertise in design patterns and common architectures
· DevOps experience on AWS or Azure is essential.
· Deep knowledge relational and No-SQL databases (MongoDB and Postgres preferred).
· Hands on experience on serverless and container technologies.
· Interpersonal and teamwork skills to help prioritize needs, provide meaningful contributions and deliver team results.
· Creative thinking to help generates new and better ways of doing things and create innovative new products or solutions.
· Problem solving skills to look beyond the obvious and understand the root cause of complex issues, propose possible solutions and overcome barriers to success.
· Resiliency to cope with change and continue to advance work tasks and projects.
Employment Type: Full-time
Industry Focus: Computer Software, Information Technology
Position Focus: Software Engineering, Development
Position Seniority: Senior level
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $90,000.00-$122,108.00 per year
- Company events
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Work from home
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Bachelor's Degree (required)
- Software development: 8 years (required)