Coughlin Porter Lundeen has been in business for over 20 years and continues successful partnerships throughout the Puget Sound. We pride ourselves on providing a level of service and quality that is unmatched in the region. We work in many market sectors on both public and private building projects. Our clients include Microsoft, Amazon.com, Vulcan, Boeing, Children’s Hospital, Virginia Mason, Starbucks, Washington State University, and the University of Washington.
Coughlin Porter Lundeen seeks a civil engineer with a minimum of four years’ experience with knowledge of site civil design associated with new building construction. The successful applicant will collaborate with Professional Engineers (P.E.), project engineers, and technicians on a wide variety of projects. The successful candidate will have strong written and verbal communication skills, a can-do attitude, and a demonstrated ability to maintain client relationships. This position requires sound technical skills, the ability to work effectively as a member of a team and a professional attitude.
- BSCE or MSCE degree
- 4+ years of related experience with P.E. license or ability to obtain a Washington P.E. license within one year
- Knowledge of local codes through a combination of public and private sector work
- Proven history of strong client relationships
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- AutoCad Civil 3D experience
- LEED Accredited Professional certification
BENEFITS AND COMPENSATION
This is a full-time, exempt position; compensation will be determined by the candidate’s qualifications. Position benefits include medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance. Our firm also offers a transit subsidy (ORCA pass), as well as paid holidays and paid time off. We offer a generous retirement savings plan which includes company matching and profit sharing contributions, and all employees are eligible for merit bonuses.
We are committed to rewarding the hard work and initiative shown by our team members. As our business is founded on excellence in client service, creating careers for our employees – rather than just jobs – is key to maintaining the loyalty of our clients.
Additional information regarding our workplace and benefits can be found on our website: cplinc.com.
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 4 years (Preferred)
- Civil Engineering: 2 years (Preferred)
- Professional Engineer (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Professional development assistance
- Flexible schedule
- Signing bonus
- Relocation assistance
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture