Particle Measuring Systems is a global leader for micro-contamination monitoring equipment improving the performance of clean manufactures in the semiconductor and pharmaceutical markets. We’re a growing technology company in Boulder, Colorado; the heart of the Rocky Mountains. We offer an exceptional and rewarding work environment in a great place to live. Our employees enjoy challenging projects in development and manufacture of light scattering particle counters and diverse technologies and applications.
We offer competitive salary and benefit programs including:
- Medical, dental, vision
- Life insurance, short- and long-term disability programs (company paid)
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Flexible spending program
- Paid time off
- Non-smoking campus
- Onsite clinic for employees to emphasize health and well-being in the workplace
We have an immediate need for a proven talented Firmware Development Manager /Architect who will be responsible for leading a team of firmware engineers in the new product development of complex contamination monitoring instruments and systems.
This is a “working manager role” where you will oversee firmware engineers, in addition to providing architectural and firmware code development. Efforts managed may be legacy product feature enhancements and new firmware platform architecture applications. The Firmware Development Manager/Architect will see the “big picture”, creating architectural approaches for firmware design and implementation, and leading the firmware team in all aspects of design development.
Specific Job Responsibilities:
- Technical and performance leadership of the firmware team. Responsible for designing, developing, and implementing firmware architectures and solutions for contamination monitoring instruments comprising electromechanical systems controlled by embedded firmware.
- Recruits, onboards, coaches and mentors firmware engineers. Employs performance management by providing candid & timely feedback, and establishing individual development plans for personal growth and succession planning.
- Owns the firmware development processes, ensuring optimization for time-to-market while achieving quality and customer satisfaction. Creates a unified firmware development standard for the company and continually improves processes by employing lessons-learned and industry best practices.
- Evaluates and recommends coding standards, tools, and technologies to ensure the highest quality firmware platform development. Creates firmware specifications.
- Provides the framework for the development of firmware architectures that will result in efficient, extensible, modifiable, secure, and high quality firmware solutions capable of new technology insertion.
- Monitors all firmware development initiatives for progress on schedule, budget and technical output. Holds firmware engineers accountable to project commitments.
- Works with project managers to optimize schedules by identifying firmware critical path(s) and major risks. Proactively identifies/manages risks and employs mitigation strategies associated with the architecture and code development.
- Establishes and monitors firmware development metrics, proactively determining root-cause and taking action when KPIs/KPMs appear to deviate from norm.
- Fosters teamwork among the firmware development function and project teams; strives to maintain an environment of collaboration, openness and trust.
- On assigned firmware architecture and coding activities, provides timely execution on tasks and deliverables. Develops a personal sense of urgency when key deliverables are jeopardized. Facilitates problem solving and meetings on assigned tasks as required to address obstacles.
- BS in Engineering discipline (Computer Science or Electrical Engineering) and/or scientific discipline required. MS preferred.
- 15 plus years of successful embedded firmware design experience in a highly technical product development environment involving mechanical, electrical, and firmware/software disciplines, from concept through commercialization and post-launch support.
- Proven experience as a firmware architect. Excellent knowledge of firmware, application design, and coding standards. Understanding of firmware quality assurance principles.
- Over 10 years of direct-report functional management experience leading a technical team of firmware engineers and or firmware testers.
- Experience in firmware development and coding in various languages (i.e. C/C++). Development experience with RTOS based embedded systems and GUI.
- HTML, AJAX, & AJAJ development, ARM-based SoC firmware design, TCP/IP & Modbus communications experience. Background in VxWorks and Qt a plus.
- Experience using version control, bug tracking systems, and static/dynamic analysis tools. Proficiency in MS Project a plus.
- Multiple project experience with Agile and other lean development methodologies, scrum master certification a plus.
- Technically savvy; must be able to discuss, understand and make decisions regarding a wide array of firmware engineering considerations.
- Strong organizational and leadership skills and outstanding communication and presentation abilities.
We are not accepting resumes or calls from outside agencies regarding this position at this time. Thank you for your cooperation.
Please submit a cover letter in the same document as your resume detailing how your qualifications and experience align with the job description.
Particle Measuring Systems is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
- direct-report functional management: 10 years (Required)
- successful embedded firmware design: 10 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
This Job Is:
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- A job for which people with disabilities are encouraged to apply