Come join the world’s largest independent renewable energy company active in wind, solar, energy storage and transmission and distribution. Our vision is to be a leader in the transition where everyone has access to affordable low carbon energy. Being part of the RES team means shaping the world’s energy future.
RES offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, 401K + employer match, life insurance and AD&D, paid time off, paid sabbatical, paid parental leave, alternative work schedules, fitness center membership, tuition reimbursement, and professional development.
Summary: The Transmission Line Superintendent is primarily responsible for coordinating the site construction schedule and execution plan, administering on-site contracts and managing the daily issues involved during the construction of Transmission and/or Substation facilities, under the direction of the Project Construction Manager.
· Leads by example to show that safety is the most important function, ensuring that all employees follow safe practices while working.
· Accountable to continually reinforce safe behaviors and correct “at risk” behaviors.
· Ensures Job Hazard Analysis (JHA’s) occurs before scopes of work commence.
· Adheres to and ensures all site team members understand standard operating procedures.
· Ensures new hires receive job- and task-specific training prior to work commencing.
· Leads and supports the site team in technical, quality and safety, utilizing systems in place. (duplicate?)
Client Relationship Management Accountabilities:
· Provides excellence in the management and delivery of the project, in-line with the client’s expectations.
· Provides information about site activities including routing, fence crossings, traffic flow, water flow, moving farm animals, and hazards to the Construction Manager.
· Schedules and ensures appropriate staffing for daily construction activities with employees.
· Identifies potential schedule changes, workflow and staffing issues.
- Reviews the engineer's drawings prior to beginning construction to ensure that the project can be built in a safe and reliable manner.
- Coordinates all field functions including scheduling of any required outages.
- Inputs into the execution of overall construction plans.
· Directs, guides, and coaches Foremen and Craft to ensure activities on site are understood and following established processes through quality checks.
· Follows processes for systems and communication lines on site and ensure implementation is consistent.
· Assists with managing site personnel.
· Fosters a culture of continuous improvement.
· Ensures that project is utilizing Safety Management Systems (SMS), Quality Managements Systems (QMS), Environmental Management Systems (EMS) and technical procedures.
- Identifies and mitigates potential employee relations issues.
- Identifies, deploys, and manages a high-performing team needed to accomplish business objectives.
- Provides a positive and engaging work environment.
· Manages quality control program to ensure processes are implemented according to the plan and are consistent.
· Manages land owner concerns and Right of Way access.
· Manages site environmental plan.
· Manages QA for construction.
· Manages design change notices.
· Manages subcontractor contracts to ensure compliance.
· Manages the material on site.
· Manages Safety of line crews to the highest level
· Provides the required documents, drawings and other forms to active projects for monitoring and maintaining the EMS.
· Ensures all completion of all required permitting activities before commencement of work.
· Ensures training is provided and certifications are maintained on field staff to comply with EMS requirements.
- Ensures the transmission line structures - including all foundations and required access - are built as per specification.
- Ensures site prep work is executed as per contracts, design, and specification.
- Ensures electrical construction - ground grid, cabling, structures, conductors, major equipment, and protection and control equipment is installed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Advanced level of knowledge in:
o Safety and OSHA requirements
o Relationship building
o Interpersonal skills
o Interpretation of a project schedule
o Planning and task direction
o Adaptability to environment
o Working in fast paced environment
o Interpretation of scopes of work
o Project permits
o Team building
o Mentor and facilitator
o Decision making
o Understanding environmental concepts including permit requirements
o Interpreting state rules and regulations
o Contract management
o Sub-contractor and vendor and materials management
o Construction drawing review
o Drawing Quantity Takeoff
o Communications, leading meetings, engaging teams, public speaking, presentations
o Writing skills
· Intermediate level of knowledge in:
o Project Management
o Creating logical and resource-loaded project schedules
o Budget Analysis and controls
o Estimating work efforts
o Change orders
o QA/QC processes
o Development of processes and procedures
o Continuous Improvement such as Lean, Six Sigma, Total Quality Management
o Project Finance
o Microsoft Office suite ( Excel, Word, PPT, Outlook, Visio)
o Job Costing or accounting software
· Basic level of knowledge in:
o Engineering Management
o Scheduling software (MS Project, Primavera 6)
o Construction techniques for civil, structural, and electrical construction
· At least 7+ years’ experience working in a construction environment.
· High School Diploma, GED or equivalent.
· Organization: Utilizes strong organizational skills.
· Communication: Displays strong written and oral communication skills and
· Employs effective listening skills.
· Problem Solving: Analyzes problems and makes sound decisions in a
· Timely manner based on objectives, risks, implications and costs.
· Interpersonal Skills: Tactful and mature demeanor with well developed
· interpersonal skills including the ability to work well with diverse
Physical requirements and environment:
The work environment and physical demands characteristics are representative of those the employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Performs primarily sedentary office duties with occasional travel to other Company offices, and construction sites. Incumbent may occasionally lift up to 10 pounds and may be required to sit, stand, walk and use a computer.
Construction site environment includes early stage permitting, development and auditing through finished roads and features. Extensive travel with driving to remote sites along with office work in field conditions is also included.
We maintain a drug-free workplace. Candidates will be required to pass a pre-employment background investigation and drug test as a condition of employment.
RESis proud to be an EEO employer.
Job Type: Full-time
- Construction: 7 years (Required)
- Construction of High Voltage Transmission Lines: 2 years (Required)