We are looking for highly motivated engineers that are interested in joining a fast-paced engineering team in a high-impact role. A frontend engineer is responsible for building, testing, and maintaining new and existing UIs. Our frontend engineers play an integral role in creating an application that serves our users and keeps them coming back.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop beautiful, usable UIs in Faraday’s web application
- Maintain and enhance existing UIs
- Collaborate with other employees (backend engineers, product managers) to establish and document project requirements
- Communicate proactively with stakeholders to keep projects moving smoothly
- Demonstrate engineering best practices and promote code quality
About the team:
Our engineering team is building first-of-its-kind prediction infrastructure. We collaborate with the product and customer success teams to identify features our users need, scope and plan projects, and ship high-quality code. We are committed to technical excellence and work with bleeding-edge technology daily. Our team is composed of backend engineers, frontend engineers, and data scientists, led by the Chief Technology Officer. We are a team of talented engineers and excellent communicators with diverse interests. If you are happy at your job, but are ready for the next level, come find us!
- You like giving users a simple, effective experience
- You measure twice and cut once
- You strive for mastery (fewest moves) over expertise (fanciest moves)
- You know React
- You have worked on a SPA before
- You know the difference between CSRF and XSS
- You can move fast by focusing on the important things and letting the chaff blow away
- You can dive into areas of the code base you’re not familiar with to provide useful code reviews
- You like to collaborate with product owners and stakeholders to gather requirements for new user experiences
- You are mindful of the work of countless women and men who have gotten us to where we are - Ada Lovelace, Alan Turing, John von Neumann, Grace Hopper, Dennis Ritchie, Don Chamberlin, Ray Boyce, Adele Goldberg, Vint Cerf, Radia Perlman, Linus Torvalds, Guido van Rossum, matz, Graydon Hoare, Daniel Bernstein, Sanjay Ghemawat, Jeff Dean
If you think this is cool, don't rule yourself out because you're missing something from this list - we want people with imposter syndrome to apply.
Benefits & Perks:
Faraday holds high standards for all of our employees because we know they can deliver; but not without our support. We offer unlimited paid time off, various levels of paid parental leave, company-paid employee health benefits, an employee assistance program and a company -funded budget dedicated to fueling employee interests and backing the causes we all value most. We strive to empower our team members to pursue their passions and the activities that fulfill them outside of work, as well as arm them with the tools, guidance, and space to achieve their goals with Faraday.
Faraday is prediction infrastructure for the consumer economy. Located in the historic Maltex Building in beautiful Burlington, Vermont, we're a fast-growing venture-backed startup founded in 2012. We believe in privacy and are committed to ending the widespread proliferation of consumer data. We believe in science and the power of statistically significant conclusions. We believe in equity and reject all forms of algorithmic prejudice. We believe in health and fun and encourage a positive work/life balance.
The Faraday team believes diversity in identities, perspectives, and backgrounds fosters creativity and enriches the workplace for us all. We deeply value different points of view that allow us to include and celebrate the diversity within our company, as well as build out better products and experiences for our clients.
We welcome applicants of any race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, gender, sexual orientation, age, and socioeconomic, marital, veteran, and disability status.
Job Type: Full-time