*** THIS POSITION REQUIRES AN ACTIVE DOD CLEARANCE ***
Software Engineer - C++ Developer - Fairfax, VA
Seeking a software engineer with 2 to 6 years of experience to join a team responsible for developing critical tactical software for the submarine fleet. This team is responsible for software development and resolution of production and system integration issues, both in a laboratory environment and onboard U.S. Navy submarines. Candidates should have a demonstrated interest in developing readable, maintainable software. Successful candidates will possess a trained eye for detail, will be reliable, and be able to work effectively as part of a team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop C++/Linux/Qt software
- Perform thorough Unit Testing of software components to prepare for integration in a larger system
- Conduct software component integration to ensure end-to-end system functionality prior to formal testing
- Participate in various technical and program meetings on a weekly basis.
- Provide input to the scheduling of software engineering activities.
- Research, identify, and evaluate new technologies for adoption by the submarine system.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong C++ and Qt development expertise performed in a Linux environment
- Working knowledge and experience developing distributed systems and multi-threaded applications
- Prior experience with BYG-1 development a plus
- Experience performing software development on Linux
- Experience with Java is a plus
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Experience working in a team environment
B.S. Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering
What sets Altron apart from other systems engineering, cybersecurity, and professional services firms is that Altron does right by its employees and customers alike, and this culture is reflected in the team’s success. Founded in 1992, Altron, Inc. we are a privately held, woman-owned small business (WOSB) that Federal agencies, including the Department of the Navy and the Department of Homeland Security, trust Altron to perform against rigorous requirements and have been returning customers for over 20 years. Altron’s team of software engineers, cybersecurity analysts, IT professionals, and professional administrators lives by the company’s core values, which are demonstrated in every facet of our work: honesty, proficiency, excellence, dedication, respect, and personal fulfillment. Because of these values, our customers receive trusted service and proven results every single time they work with us.
Our company vision is to use our expertise to help our partners and clients succeed. We have the experience, along with the project management and quality control systems in place, to ensure consistent delivery of outstanding results.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor - All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.