- Research, plan and design mechanical and electromechanical products and systems
- Direct and coordinate drafting and testing activities
Responsibilities: To include but not limited to the following
- Researches and analyzes data such as customer design proposals, specifications, and manuals to determine feasibility of design or application.
- Designs products such as pneumatic regulators and pneumatic transducers.
- Design and production of new and existing products such as pressure and temperature instruments.
- Prepares design sketches, layouts and schematics as part of a design team.
- Selects raw materials and components; develops specs for product.
- Develops cost estimates bases on specs.
- Performs stress tests, analyzes data, prepares reports, and makes comparisons with similar proven designs.
- Performs dimensional and functional inspection of first articles.
- Prepares preliminary and detailed design drawings using the Auto Cad or Inventor CAD package and directs the work of designers, drafters, and technicians as required.
- Develops and monitors control systems.
- Responsible for design and re-design of existing temperature and pressure sensing components.
- Responsible for transfer of engineering designs to production.
- Responsible for establishing external sourcing programs with offshore vendors.
- Designs test control apparatus and equipment, and development of methods and procedures for assembling and testing products.
- Evaluates pre-production field installations and implements design modifications to eliminate undesired performance and to enhance desired product features.
- Expedites shipments of components and products, as well as negotiates cost reduction through Chinese vendors.
- Confers with vendors to provide product specifications for the purchase of equipment, materials, or parts, and evaluates products according to specifications and quality standard.
- Completes all ISO 9001:2015 AS9100D quality training and follows related procedures.
- Follows all prescribed plant and safety rules and regulations
- B.S in mechanical engineering or equivalent engineering and five years of design experience required.
- MSME, CAD and pneumatic design experience is a plus.
- Solid knowledge of AutoCad system.
- Good mechanical, analytical, and technical skills.
- Good administrative, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Ability to work as an individual contributor or team player.
- Temperature/pressure equipment experience is a plus.
Marsh Bellofram is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $19.00 to $22.00 /hour
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off