Founded in 1975, BR+A Consulting Engineers maintains a total staff of over 400 employees located at our main office in Boston and branch offices in New York City, NY; Philadelphia, PA; Washington, DC; Miami, FL; Chicago, IL; St. Louis, MO; Tampa, FL, Charlotte, NC and Charleston, SC. BR+A provides state-of-the-art integrated and coordinated mechanical, electrical, plumbing and fire protection consulting engineering, technology systems design, lighting design, and building commissioning services.
BR+A is seeking applicants for an Electrical Engineer in our Charleston, SC office. The candidate would be strongly motivated, well organized, and show professional initiative. The applicant should be able to take ownership of assignments and perform well both independently and as part of the project team. The ideal candidate would have the following skills:
- Provide Engineering, Design work and drafting of plans;
- Implement approved system concepts from a schematic diagram to floor plans;
- Sketch rough layouts to review with Project Engineer or Project Manager;
- Review and properly apply product cut sheets and technical information;
- Communicate with Project Manager/Project Engineer regarding potential problems;
- Attend meetings as required;
- Work to submit the required documentation per project deadlines and milestones;
- Attend in-house coordination meetings when appropriate;
- Develop a strategy to meet the projects’ schedule;
- Assist in the development of engineering systems concepts (M/E);
- Assist the design team on major design issues; Communicate clearly with other designers in the office as well as virtually.
- Responsible for organizing required technical correspondence, emails, and calculations;
- Perform field work and verification of existing conditions; Field work requires the use of ladders for above ceiling investigation; Must be able to walk extensively for larger project site surveys.
- Revit Proficiency is a requirement.
Essential Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Possesses excellent communication skills both verbal and written;
- Good understanding of Engineering concepts, design, and spatial requirements;
- Professional attitude and appearance;
- Positive attitude, result driven and team-oriented;
- Be able to think three-dimensionally;
- Capable of visiting job sites to perform field work;
- Able to manage time to meet deadlines.
- Understanding of codes and standards such as NFPA 70, 99, and 101, FGI and IES.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering from an ABET institution
- 5 years experience;
- Professional Engineer License;
We offer excellent compensation and a competitive benefits package, including Medical/Dental coverage and 401K, to all of our full-time employees.
BR+A is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply, regardless of race, gender, religion, age, national origin, disability, veteran status or sexual orientation. The candidate must pass a drug test.
Qualified candidates should forward their resume and cover letter.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $60,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Professional Engineer License (Required)
Work Location: One location