Position Title: Managed Services Engineer
Department: Network Engineering
Reports to: Dir Network Engineering & Operations
FLSA Status: Exempt
The Managed Services Engineer designs and manages Enterprise customer network solutions.
This position will work in coordination with the Network Operations Center, Business
Technicians and Project Managers to ensure PRTC’s managed services customers receive the highest levels of customer support and technology expertise. The Managed Services Engineer will provide sales engineering assistance, sales consultation services and will directly interface with customers. Therefore strong technical troubleshooting skills and excellent interpersonal skills are critical to the success of this position.
Essential Job Functions:
- Act as lead technical design resource for PRTC’s managed services customers.
- Design customer network solutions including LAN, WAN, Hosted PBX, Wi-Fi, security,
Server, surveillance, access control and other IT related technologies.
- Provide technical support for PRTC’s enterprise customers including remote and onsite support and installation assistance.
- Assist PRTC’s sales team by providing sales engineering and customer consultation functions on an as needed basis. Work with sales to develop customer proposals.
- Research and recommend technology solutions to Network Engineering for evaluation and eventual deployment.
- Collaborate with customers on identifying new products and services needed by our enterprise and SMB customer base.
- Coordinate and manage upgrades and configuration changes within the customer’s environment.
- Responsibilities include developing design specifications, technical requirements, technical diagrams and documentation needed to ensure successful delivery of
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must have strong knowledge of Enterprise IT technologies such as Virtualization technologies, switching, routing, network infrastructure and Cloud services.
- Working knowledge of current storage and data backup technologies.
- Knowledge of enterprise video surveillance solutions, access control and enterprise security services.
- Experience with Microsoft Office 365 Administration. Installation and administration.
- Working knowledge of Linux operating system.
- Working knowledge of LAN/WAN troubleshooting, DHCP, DNS, SNMP, NAT, QoS required.
Education and Experience:
- Associates degree in computer science or related field required, Bachelors degree in computer science preferred, but will consider equivalent combinations of education and experience
- Three or more years of experience in providing managed IT services including network and system designs.
- Two or more years of experience in IP network operations, WAN and LAN technologies and protocols.
- Must have advanced knowledge in CIDR and IP Subnetting.
- Must have advanced experienced in server and network troubleshooting techniques
- MCSE, Network+ or Security+ certifications preferred
- Knowledge and skills acquired through technical training.
- On-the-job experience in designing and managing IT networks;
- Specialized training;
- Regular contact with vendors, industry representatives, and subscribers on IP network projects and services;
- Ability to evaluate, test, and support all types of IP network equipment;
- Ongoing need to stay abreast of routing, switching and other IP networking technology and other industry standards and specifications; and
- Ability to improve or redesign procedures for specific design/installation/maintenance problems.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS 0-24% 25-49% 50-74% 75-100%
Must be able to read computer screen and various reports.
Must be able to hear well enough to communicate with employees and business contacts.
Must be able to stand and walk
Must be able to lift and carry 15 lbs
Must be able to write, type, and use phone system.
Normal working conditions
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $55,000.00 - $65,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Computer Networking: 2 years (Preferred)
- Server/Application Administration: 2 years (Preferred)
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible