Title: Controls Engineering
Reports To: Engineering Manager
Develop and maintain controls standards and guidelines to be used throughout the plant. Design and/or oversee the development of machine controls for new equipment, lead production line optimization efforts and provide programming support for product launches. Provide production support as well as support maintenance with training and assist with troubleshooting equipment.
- Design and development, start-up and debug safe systems for process and industrial equipment using both new and existing hardware and software applications; assist with hardware troubleshooting and repair.
- Interface closely with manufacturing engineering and operations to ensure product conformance and equipment safety.
- Technical capabilities must include the ability to manage the program integrator during the design and launch phase of the project. This includes factory acceptance and site acceptance for new and rebuilt equipment. Additional capabilities required:
- Allen Bradley PLC, HMI and Servo Proficiency
- FANUC Robot Programming Proficiency
- Lead Pre-Start Health and Safety Reviews for new and modified equipment.
- Support and lead cycle time and throughput improvements
- Serve as a change agent to challenge existing processes in place and remove waste. Use data to communicate and support the opportunities that exist.
- Manage and implement cost saving programs
- Foster team like co-operation with operations and our suppliers to solve manufacturing challenges and achieve company goals.
- Work closely with leadership team to establish sustainable LEAN practices that empower employees, accelerate change, and enable personal and team development.
- Facilitate/coordinate/identify required training needs for new equipment, new processes, etc.
- Ensure that safety and housekeeping standards are met and continually improved upon
- Other duties and projects as assigned
+ Bachelor degree preferred
+ Professional Engineer (P. Eng) preferred.
+ Three to five years’ experience in manufacturing environment
+ Strong verbal and written communication skills.
+ Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Auto CAD
+ Formal training and strong knowledge base of robotic controls and Allen Bradley hardware.
+ Advanced Knowledge in Allen Bradley Control Logix and Motion Family.
+ Certified Electrician an asset.
+ Ability to travel to the United States
+ Strong organizational skills.
Job Type: Full-time