Salary is negotiable based on relevant experience. Must have prior Polyurethane Prepolymer and Hot/Cold Cast Elastomer experience.
Job Summary: The Research & Development Engineer will assist in the development of polyurethane prepolymers and systems with a focus on hot and cold cast elastomers. Projects will be aimed at improving existing hot and cold cast products, matching competitive materials, and developing new products with improved performance. The position will require working with the manufacturing and quality control departments for new product scale-up and to solve production problems.
- The first and foremost responsibility is to handle all chemicals safely and follow established safety protocols.
- Optimize existing hot and cold cast prepolymers and systems and develop new products with improved performance.
- Develop new products that meet customer requirements based on competitive samples or specific performance requests.
- Design and perform testing of offsets to current raw materials, present comparative data, and recommend approval or rejection.
- Understand and follow all ISO procedures, especially those related to project management.
- Follow the NPI and AOC procedures for new products and changes to existing products, including entry into Sage.
- Participate in the preparation of customer samples and small-scale production orders and document results.
- Update SDS’s and TDS’s.
- ISO responsibilities:
o Understand the quality policy and quality objectives.
o Follow all lab procedures.
o Participate in investigations.
Skills and Experience
- College education with a degree or emphasis (minor) in chemistry or chemical engineering.
- Firm understanding of polyurethane chemistry with an emphasis on hot and cold cast resins.
- Laboratory experience is preferred.
- Firm understanding of mathematics is required.
- High degree of organizational skills.
- Demonstrate a strong work ethic, positive attitude, and the ability to work well with others.
- Must possess a private driver’s license.
- Demonstrate proficiency in distinguishing and working with colors.
ALL CANDIDATES MUST UNDERGO AND PASS DRUG SCREENING AND A REFERENCE SECURITY CHECK.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Retirement Plan
- Vision Insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday