Dentons is currently recruiting for a Datacenter Systems Engineer to be resident preferably in Indianapolis, Louisville or Lexington office but would consider good candidates living in Eastern or Central time zones in USA. Reporting to the North America Infrastructure Manager, the incumbent will be self-motivated, energetic, driven for success and results oriented. This position requires in-depth knowledge of Datacenter technologies both in on-premise and public cloud datacenters.
- Planning, implementing and maintaining a highly-virtualized production environment. Aid in the analysis of business needs to recommend innovative technology solutions while actively participating in firm wide IT and business initiatives
- Perform system upgrades in collaboration with the Enterprise technology team and external service providers as needed
- Manage capacity and performance of the platform ensuring the integrity of the infrastructure
- Collaborate with teams across the globe in standardizing technologies and processes.
- Work with Equipment vendors to keep up with changes in hardware, software and bug fixes and security vulnerabilities.
- Maintain infrastructure standards documentation as it relates to infrastructure systems design, configuration, support, and processes
- Diagnose and resolve complex configuration and troubleshooting issues within a multi-vendor infrastructure
- Provide operational escalation support for the firms critical business systems
- Proactive health monitoring of critical business systems and technologies
- Remain current with emerging trends in technology
- Need to participate in afterhours support activities (maintenance windows and on-call rotation etc.,)
- Occasional travel as necessary (Datacenter work, Team meetings in person etc.,)
- Other duties as assigned to fully meet the requirements of the position.
- University degree or college certificate and/or equivalent work experience
- 8+ years of progressive technology experience, with 5+ years in a planning, design, implementation role of datacenter systems
- Advanced level of knowledge and experience with VMware and Hyper-V virtualization technologies and public cloud (Azure or AWS)
- Advanced knowledge of Enterprise converged and hyper-converged environment; Nutanix, VxBlock, VxRails, Cisco UCS and other computing platforms
- Expert knowledge of Enterprise storage solutions; Dell/EMC storages, NetApp, Hitachi
- Working knowledge and hands-on experience with Cisco\Brocade SAN switches
- Familiar with Data Protection solutions; Rubrik, Avamar, Data Domain and CommVault
- Technically proficient and knowledgeable with MS Active Directory and other Microsoft technologies
- Expert knowledge of Windows Server 2008/2012/2016/+
- Experience and key understanding of disaster recovery and business continuity technologies
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, written and oral communication skills
- Excellent time management skills and a demonstrated ability to consistently meet deliverables
- Ability to create and follow written procedures and documentations
- Demonstrated ability to contribute within a highly collaborative team environment
- Self-motivated, with an ability to work with minimal supervision
- High standard of ethical conduct, and customer service
- Legal or other professional services experience is beneficial
- Demonstrated commitment to privacy and ethical conduct
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of essential functions, responsibilities, or requirements.
Dentons Bingham Greenebaum LLP offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
Dentons Bingham Greenebaum LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans. Dentons Bingham Greenebaum LLP is an Affirmative Action Employer. Pursuant to local ordinances, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $30.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
Work Location: Multiple Locations