Lansdowne Woods of Virginia Groundskeeper position, offers the full package of landscape-related services. With the resources to combine maintenance services and the accompanying grounds maintenance services, we offer employees greater flexibility and cohesiveness at a more cost-effective price than dealing with individual contractors. Effectively maintaining effectively manage the grounds program knowing that one of their most expensive assets is being managed properly.
Position Description- Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper is responsible for planning and executing small scale landscape maintenance operations on the premises. This position will support the engineer to deliver quality service. Maintenance is a category designated for individuals who have mastered skills in all equipment and tasks associated with routine landscape maintenance and have demonstrated the ability to work safely and efficiently as a productive member of the team. They will report to the Chief Engineer or General Manager.
- Dependable; consistently arrives to work on time, responds to management direction and commits to the required hours for job completion that will vary based on weather/season.
- Performs all job-related tasks safely and efficiently and uses all tools and equipment in accordance with company safety policy.
- Safely operates and maintains hand and power tools to perform a wide range of landscape duties, which may include weed eater, stick edger, backpack blower, wheel barrow, hand tools, power shears, pruners, ladders, and bed edger.
- Performs assigned landscape maintenance requirements inclusive of: pre-prep and laying of sod, edging, trimming, watering, detailing ornamental plant material, weed-eating, spraying or pulling weeds, clearing of hard surfaces, applying mulch.
- Prune’s shrubs and trees to shape and improve growth or remove damaged leaves, branches, or twigs.
- Able to determine wanted and unwanted vegetation.
- Follows instructions and plans with the Chief Engineer and General Manager.
- Assists in loading and unloading equipment, tools, and supplies.
- Complies with the equipment preventative maintenance program and thoroughly cleans used equipment and stores in designated areas daily.
- Assists in keeping job site, vehicles, and offices safe, clean and organized.
- Informs supervisor of problem areas on site, equipment or supply issues, or of any accident or loss.
- Complies with all company policies, procedures and safety requirements, especially in the handling of equipment.
- Works to assure quality and timely completion of all tasks assigned.
- Performs other duties as required.
Education & Experience Qualifications:
- 1+ years of experience in mowing, pruning and landscape basics.
- High school diploma or GED preferred but not required.
Skills & Abilities Qualifications:
- Organized, hardworking, safety conscious, punctual, leads by example, self-motivated, honest, and customer service-driven.
- Effectively communicates with others, with the ability to read and/or comprehend written and verbal instructions/information.
- Accountable; demonstrates dependability in attendance and timeliness, and carefully follows directions and instructions provided.
- Is solution-oriented with the ability to apply feedback to improve performance.
- Able to safely work alone and display quality and thoroughness in work product.
- Team-focused; exhibits objectivity and openness to others, mitigates conflict and keeps emotions under control.
- Maintains a positive, responsive and flexible attitude.
- Ability to interact professionally with all residents, co-workers, supervisors, and those from external organizations.
- Must have transportation to and from work and possess a State driver s license
E*nvironmental Considerations: *
- Works outside in various weather conditions that may be hot, cold, wet or turbulent.
- Works on uneven terrain for extended periods of time.
- May be exposed to nature, i.e., irritating plants and biting or stinging insects.
- May be exposed to dogs and other animals.
- Must have endurance necessary to perform these duties throughout a standard eight- hour day.
- Must have the ability and endurance to perform tasks for at least 8-hour periods.
- Must understand and demonstrate proper safety procedures, abiding by all OSHA regulations, with the ability to respond to emergency situations in a timely manner.
- Must be able to maintain attention and concentration for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to enter and exit a vehicle numerous times a day.
Occasionally: Sitting, seeing distant, climbing stairs, lifting over 10lbs to 50lbs.
Frequently: Sense of touch, speaking clearly, climbing on/off truck, reading, hearing – speech range, depth perception, pushing, pulling, balancing, lifting up to 50lbs.
Continuously: Walking, standing, manual dexterity, stooping, range of motion, kneeling, squatting, body twisting, gripping, seeing, reaching, color vision, lifting, carrying, lifting up to 10lbs.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Lansdowne Woods of Virginia
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $17.00 - $20.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Following the CDC guidelines
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Preferred)
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
- Innovative -- prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A good job for someone just entering the workforce or returning to the workforce with limited experience and education
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Plastic shield at work stations
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place