Western Integrated Technologies (WIT) is a full line distributor for Parker Hannifin, (NYSE PH), Fairfield and other Mobile, Industrial, and Fluid Power products. WIT partners with leading edge companies to make systems stronger, faster, smarter and more energy efficient.
Western Integrated Technologies is seeking a Electrical Controls Engineer to join our Team! You will have the opportunity to make a strong contribution to our well-established and growing company.
An Electrical Engineer designs, develops and oversees all aspects of electrical control systems, equipment, and machinery. Knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within the Fluid Power field a plus. Occasionally onsite commissioning is required.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop electrical design, schematics, and drawings in AutoCAD Electrical
- Interpret mechanical & hydraulic design drawings for electrical requirements
- Work with Sales team to provide input with quote preparation as required
- Research supplier products for assembly components and manage relationships with vendors
- Develop bill of materials
- Troubleshooting, field testing, and installation
- Creation of submittals, training instructions, and O&M Manuals
- Review of project specifications to assure compliance with customer requirements
- Crosstrain and mentor other engineers and panel shop on best practices
Required Knowledge, Skill and Abilities
- 5+ years of Industrial Controls design
- Extensive knowledge of Industrial Controls
- Proficiency in AutoCAD Electrical. Inventor a plus
- Able to program PLCs, HMIs, Controllers, and VFDs
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and meet deadlines
- Understanding of UL508A and NFPA 79
- Excellent documentation, written and oral communication skills
- Able to work independently or in a team environment
- Problem Solving skills required
Besides a competitive salary, WIT offers:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, and Life Insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Quarterly Bonus plans
- “WIT-Fit” Wellness Plan with Quarterly Cash Incentives
- Paid Time Off
- Birthday Time Off
- Tuition Assistance opportunities
- Internal Promotion opportunities
- Competitive mileage reimbursement program
- Verizon Wireless Employee Discount
- Life Mart Discounts through ADP
Western Integrated Technologies has supplied custom-engineered solutions to many industries such as Power Generation, Aerospace, Heavy Truck, Heavy Construction and Agriculture for 35 years. WIT is a Manufacturer, Integrator and Distributor of Fluid Power, Electrical, and Mechanical systems and components, incorporating the latest software and controls. We operate twelve branch facilities throughout the Western US, Hawaii and Guam. WIT offers the opportunity to join a growing company and truly make an impact.
- Principals only. Recruiters please don't contact this job post.
- Do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers.
Job Type: Full-time
- programming PLC's, HMI's, Controllers, and VFD's: 1 year (Required)
- Industrial Controls Design: 5 years (Required)
- AutoCAD Electrical: 1 year (Required)
- Driver's License (Required)
- Do you have a thorough understanding of UL508A and NFPA 79?
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Innovative -- innovative and risk-taking
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture