Millwork Companyis seeking a Millwork Estimator to prepare accurate estimates for a variety of residential & commercial projects. This position requires you to analyze blueprints and specifications to generate detailed scopes of work and translate those into estimates. Individual must be a self-starter, well organized, extremely detail oriented and provide outstanding customer service and follow-up.
The ideal candidate will have excellent numerical skills and an analytical mindset. A great estimator must also be thorough and careful in collecting information and managing relationships with key persons.
The goal is to provide accurate and concise estimates that will enable the company to increase the number of job bids won as well as ensuring the profitability of those jobs.
- Analyze drawings and specifications, material use and selections, scope of work and perform quantity take-offs.
- Write detailed bid proposals.
- Provide timely follow-up on all requests, questions and/or concerns.
- Determine the variables that will be used to produce valid cost and other estimates
- Communicate with material distributors to prepare cost estimates.
- Visit job sites for pre-bid walk through when applicable.
- Conduct research by reviewing documents, consulting with experts etc. to obtain all necessary data on labor costs, materials, production times etc.
- Review quotes by vendors according to requirements to determine the most beneficial alternative
- Build relationships with key vendors (subcontractors, suppliers, engineers etc.)
- Proven experience as Millwork Estimator
- Capacity to accurately read blueprint takeoffs and specifications
- Proficient with putting together estimates and bids
- High level of attention to detail and cost analysis
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must exhibit professionalism, dependability, accountability and punctuality
- Excellent organizational skills
- Time management skills for juggling multiple deadlines
- In depth knowledge of research and data analysis methods and estimation formulas
- Exquisite math and IT ability with an analytical mindset
- Strong computer skills
- Open and flexible work availability
- Experience with estimating software a plus (e.g. Onscreen take-off)
- Certified Professional Estimator (CPE) or other qualification will be a plus
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 3 years (Preferred)
- construction: 3 years (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)