$250 SIGN-ON BONUS / HOTEL DISCOUNTS!!!
POSITION TITLE: Chief Engineer
REPORTS TO: General Manager
The Chief Engineer is primarily responsible for the overall maintenance of the hotel’s building and grounds and for the operation of its equipment and mechanical/electrical systems. Other areas of hotel operations would include: maintenance, guest service, profit management, asset management and safety and security.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain company and franchise maintenance standards for both guest rooms and public areas.
- Train maintenance personnel in all aspects of property maintenance and provide basic training to all other associates.
- Review and resolve maintenance problems, complaints and work orders to prioritize and schedule work assignments.
- Ensure that property and equipment are maintained in a safe manner and that all repairs are made as specified by manufacturer.
- Maintain the integrity of the hotel’s compliance with the company’s safety and security programs, particularly for HazMat, Bloodborne Pathogens, SDS and OSHA.
- Service the hotel’s pool including cleaning, appearance and chemical balance and completing maintenance log.
- To operate as an independent mechanic by analyzing problems, identifying courses of action, and implementing solutions with available resources and to a high degree of quality.
- To be available for any emergencies and act in an engineering capacity to protect guests and associates, and preserve the building and its systems during the emergency.
- To monitor fire Alarm / Life Safety System systems as necessary, to be fully informed of the system operation and to handle emergencies involving the systems.
- Solicit bids from contractors, evaluate their proposals and once employed, ensure work is complete to specifications. Ensure all contractors have valid certificates of liability insurance.
- Maintain building exterior.
- Thoroughly complete maintenance logs.
- Maintain maintenance inventory and requisition parts and supplies as needed.
- Follow and maintain a preventative maintenance program.
- Perform or assist with periodic or scheduled cleaning projects.
- Support effective Energy Management programs as directed.
- Assist other departments when needed and perform other related duties as assigned.
- Must be able to communicate in English both written and verbally.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Must maintain valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $40,000.00 - $45,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
All employees and guests required to wear face masks!
- Supervising Experience: 1 year (Preferred)
- Maintenance: 1 year (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Preferred)
- CPO Certification (Preferred)
- HVAC Certification (Preferred)
Company's Facebook page:
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Plastic shield at work stations
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place