CalPortland – “EXPECT MORE… WE DELIVER!”
This is us…
- Best-in-Class, industry leader with a rich history spanning over 125-years
- Largest building materials contributor to some of the West’s biggest construction projects including:
- Los Angeles International Airport
- The new Rams Stadium
- Staples Center
- Wilshire Grand Center
- Recipient of numerous awards for environmental sustainability and energy conservation
- “Family” based company culture with a focus on safety
- Competitive compensation and excellent benefits
Support efforts throughout the company to optimize the operation, performance, reliability and efficiency of all manufacturing processes and equipment and provides project management skills to ensure the successful development and completion of projects within budget and on schedule.
- Review calculations and drawings generated by engineering firms, consultants, and contractors for compliance with company standards and other regulations and laws.
- Provide civil/structural design calculations and drawings for projects that are to be engineered within the company.
- Inspect structures that have been subjected to conditions that may have caused structural damage and to make recommendations for repairs or other disposition.
- Work closely with plant and corporate engineering personnel
- Certify Statements of Mix Design for ready mix concrete
- Coordinate construction work on assigned projects with plant operations.
- Apply for building permits and oversee the work to ensure compliance with the project specifications, drawings, and the requirements of the proper governmental agency.
- Provide National Ready Mixed Concrete Association (NRMCA) plant certifications for ready mix plants
Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering
Conditions of Employment:
- Registered as a Professional Engineer in the State of California and preferably Nevada
- Knowledge of local, state and national building codes
- Will be required to travel to company facilities and other locations as needed
- Must be a self-starter and able to work independently
- Must be able to work cooperatively with plant and corporate personnel
- Must be able to work at heights and in restricted spaces
- Must be able to climb ladders and stairs in an industrial environment to access/inspect equipment
Successful candidate must submit to post-offer pre-employment physical examination, drug/alcohol screen and background check. Some positions require FMCSA regulated on-going drug and alcohol testing.