SolarBOS has been at the leading edge of Electrical Balance of Systems technology since our founding in 2004.
We are proud to pioneer many notable 'firsts' in the solar industry for BOS solutions, including:
- First integrated disconnect switches
- First rapid shutdown combiners
- First GFI solution for recombiners
- First functional AFCI solution at the combiner level
Our innovations have become industry standard on most, if not all, solar projects.
If you're not sure what that means, consider this: 25% of all solar electricity in North America flows through a SolarBOS product. That translates to over 15 million feet of wire, 80,000 combiners, and 8,500 megawatts. That is a lot of Solar.
And we owe it all to our people. Our highly talented team is committed to continually disrupt the industry with our approach to BOS. If you want to join an organization where you can build a career and make a difference in the world with renewable energy, it's time to consider joining SolarBOS.
The Wire Product Coordinator position is responsible for evaluating client single line diagrams and layouts to determine the quantity, type, and cost of material needed to accurately bid, design, and install a project.
Primary Accountabilities (Essential Duties)
- Identify, mark, takeoff, and estimate products of interest to the Company from contract documents, including all revisions/ addenda
- Generate fabrication drawings of all parts for the project
- Create detailed drawings required for installation crews
- Generate associated bills of materials for manufacturing
- Maintain accuracy of takeoffs, estimates, and quotations of products through self-review of project specifications, material, and labor items, as well as the final quotation itself.
- Computes costs by analyzing material, labor, and time requirements
- Resolves discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information
- Prepares and shares pricing and technical specifications (if needed) with Sales
- Updates and maintains component cost database
- Ability to work closely as a team including, Design Managers, fellow Designers, Engineers, Sales, and customers
- Prepares internally reviewed letters to customers for such things as, information requests, technical guidance, transmittal comments/questions, etc.
- Provides ideas and helps management to implement continuous improvement initiatives identified in yearly and long-term goals
- Starts with a high level of guidance and works toward independent work and decisions
In addition to the accountabilities listed above, individuals may perform other duties as assigned, including work in other functional areas to cover absences or relief, to equalize peak work periods or otherwise to balance the workload.
Supervisory Responsibilities: N/A
Employee(s)/Group /Department Supervised: N/A
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each primary accountability satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Additionally, the physical demands and the work environment typically encountered are listed below. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Education / Experience (an equivalent combination of education and experience required to successfully complete the primary accountabilities is indicated below)
Degree: Associate's Degree Major: Engineering or Related Field Years of Experience: 1+ Year Area: Design
Years of Experience: 1+ Year Area: AutoCAD experience
Competencies / Technical Skills
Core Competencies: Fostering Teamwork; Managing Performance; Building Collaborative Relationships; Customer Orientation; Result Orientation; Personal Credibility
Organizational Competencies: Initiative; Developing Others; Influencing Others; Establishing Focus; Strategic Thinking Additional Position Competencies (max 4): MS Office, ability to manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously Technical Skills: Proficiency in Excel, proficiency in AutoCAD, proficiency to learn control algorithms, knowledge of Job Scope preferred
Licenses / Certifications
Physical Requirements (Approximate time spent to be included in physical demands such as walking, or bending, specific lifting requirements (lbs) and/or other requirements such as vision or hearing.
Must be able to sit, walk, see and hear.
Environment: Office Travel: Not Required
Please feel free to visit our website to learn more about our organization www.solarbos.com
Integrity and excellence are at the heart of everything we do. Our focus is on hiring and developing the best talent available and creating a rewarding, challenging and safe workplace for everyone. We are a team-based organization. We listen carefully to our people and to our clients so we can build an organization that meets their needs and exceeds their expectations. We are committed to our customers and our employees and helping them grow to their fullest potential. Surpassing our competition has made us the industry leader; a position we will strive to enhance.
SolarBOS provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics
Job Type: Full-time
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Innovative -- innovative and risk-taking
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative