In this role, you will be responsible for the management of our automation projects, maintaining or improving current automation in use, as well as. driving continuous improvement concepts within the facility.
- Ability to read and interpret complex blueprints, ladder logic, computer/create electrical schematics, and controls.
- Ability to write ladder logic programs to integrate into automated systems.
- Must understand fundamentals of electricity, pneumatics, hydraulics, programming, material properties, and automation principles as well as have the ability to apply this knowledge when needed.
- Manages outside and inside automation projects to ensure timely completions using Gantt charts that are within the budgeted proposal.
- Responsible for keeping appropriate personnel informed by providing verbal and/or written reports as to the project status.
- Must be able to work professionally with suppliers, customers and internal personnel to resolve day to day production tasks/needs as they arise.
- Must be willing to travel to meet vendors, suppliers or customers.
- Oversees or is directly conducting the diagnosis of equipment malfunctions and operating difficulties; performs repairs and adjustments, either temporary to keep automation equipment in production or, if required and feasible, performs permanent repairs.
- Oversees or makes periodic and special inspections of automated & auxiliary equipment to determine repair and maintenance work necessary to prevent breakdowns. Refers work orders to Maintenance.
- Oversees or directly rebuilds automated machinery and overhauls troublesome components and attachments involving dismantling, inspection and replacement of part.
- Provides information and confers with vendors or outside suppliers to determine product specifications and arrange for purchase of equipment, materials or parts and evaluates products according to specification and quality standards.
- Provides technical guidance and direction for plant-based automation personnel.
- Drive training and coaching to ensure compliance with Safety standards and incident prevention.
- Prioritize work load as based on safety, production needs and overall cost avoidance.
- Work with onsite automation personnel to ensure documentation is kept up to date.
- Participates in new product development and generates initial automation ideas.
- Completes ROI documents to justify automation projects.
- Confidentiality is essential.
COST and Continuous Improvement
- Regularly identifies and implements solutions that will improve the overall productivity and cost effectiveness of our operations.
- Responsible for managing or completing research and presenting ROI proposals concerning the feasibility of automation projects on the production floor that will improve product quality, process, flow, resulting in cost reductions to Falcon Plastics, its customers, or both.
- Modifies existing designs, improve production techniques and develops test procedures. Directs and utilizes management staff and other resources to achieve optimal end results.
- Maintains a working knowledge of safety policies and OSHA regulations to ensure equipment and duties of self and others are performed/constructed in a safe manner.
- Maintains a working knowledge of new technologies which may improve operations, and develops recommendations
- Resolves problems using solutions that involve new techniques, technologies, or concepts.
- Analyzes technology trends, human resource-automation needs and market demand to plan projects
- Advises management of new developments which may affect profit, schedule, costs, customer relations, and/or inter-departmental relations
- Develops timelines in order to complete high priority projects within specified time limits.
- Evaluates manufacturing process and recommends modifications to eliminate lost opportunity, machine, tool or system malfunctions
- Documents and tracks all time spent on researching and developing products to apply towards R&D tax credit.
- Evaluates, analyzes, and makes recommendations on products, designs and cost improvements to improve the competitive position of the company. Ability to execute automation projects from concept to completion.
- Participates in customer task force meetings for assigned customers as requested by the Plant Manager or corporate staff
Education and/or Experience: Associate's degrees (A. A.) or equivalent from 2 year college or 1 -2 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Software Knowledge: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, IQ, Internet Email, Internal Email, Windows, Microsoft Access, Microsoft Photo Editor, Solid works/CAD software, PLC software and Internet software.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Work Location: One location