At Nevada Gold Mines, our vision is to be the world’s most valued gold mining business by finding, developing and operating the best assets with the best people.
Our people division is growing, and we are looking for Underground Engineers to join our team. The Underground Mine Engineer will develop, update, and implement practical mine plans which allow for orderly development and exploitation of economically minable ore reserves; coordinate all production and engineering activities which will include backfill, ventilation, utilities (air, water, power), QA/QC, ground support engineering; and perform other duties as assigned.
At Nevada Gold Mines we are committed to a safe work environment sending every person home safe and healthy every day and leaving a sustainable legacy on our host communities. We offer a generous benefits package which includes a competitive medical, dental, and vision plan with national provider networks, a 401k retirement plan with employer contribution, paid time off, company-sponsored medical clinics, company match share purchase program, and much more!
- Develop, update and implement practical mine plans which allow for orderly development and exploitation of economically mineable ore reserves
- Coordinate assigned production and engineering activities including backfill, ventilation, utilities (air, water, power), QA/QC and ground support engineering
- Must be willing to complete an operational rotation
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Mining Engineering or related field required
- Two (2) years of underground mining environment experience preferred
- Experience in Ventilation preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required
- Excellent computer skills required
- Demonstrated software proficiency with Deswik, Ventism and Microsoft Office Suite preferred
- Excellent safety record with the ability to demonstrate safety leadership required
- Demonstrated ability to perform all essential functions of the job required
What We Can Offer You
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses benefits, and stock purchase plans where applicable
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless
- Access to a variety of career opportunities across Nevada Gold Mine locations
- Nevada Gold Mines is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer
About Nevada Gold Mines
Nevada Gold Mines is a joint venture between Barrick Gold Corporation (61.5%) and Newmont Goldcorp Corporation (38.5%), combining their significant assets across Nevada to create the single largest gold-producing complex in the world and realize the full potential of these mines through synergies and best-in-class operational improvements.
The massive mining operation comprises 8 mines along with their associated infrastructure and processing facilities that produced an estimated 4 million ounces of gold in 2018. Three of these assets are Tier One gold mines: Barrick’s Cortez; the combination of Barrick’s Goldstrike and Newmont Goldcorp’s Carlin; and the combination of Barrick’s Turquoise Ridge and Newmont Goldcorp’s Twin Creeks. In addition, Barrick’s Goldrush-Fourmile project has the potential to become the fourth Tier One asset in this portfolio. The new JV is expected to generate around $5 billion in cost savings over the next five years. Nevada Gold Mines is operated by Barrick.
Thank you for your application, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $78,000.00 - $125,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Relocation assistance
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 12 hour shift
- Day shift
- Night shift
- On call
- Weekend availability
Nevada Gold Mines follows all CDC requirements.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Elko, NV 89801: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Will you now or in the future require sponsorship for employment Visa status?
- Have you EVER been convicted of a misdemeanor or felony other than a minor traffic violation, describe the nature of the crime, date of occurrence and subsequent rehabilitation? *Applicants who fail to answer this question will not be considered for employment. *
- Mine Engineering: 2 years (Preferred)
- Underground Mining: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location