The ideal candidate is a self-motivated, intellectually curious, and dynamic engineer who will lead technical projects and develop junior staff in traffic and planning projects. You will have the opportunity and support to develop the tools to design and manage tomorrow’s transportation systems. The firm operates in three main areas:
· Minor Highway Design (resurfacing, intersection improvements)
· Major Highway Design (widening, reconstruction)
· Limited Access Design (interchanges, widening, resurfacing)
You will be responsible for maintaining a high level of proficiency and knowledge of current and emerging practice in the disciplines of traffic modelling, transit and/or sensor/signalization design. This role has responsibilities in client-facing relationships, and your responsibilities will include report preparation, client management and presentations.
You will help to build highly effective teams, and be directly involved in production for more complex tasks within your projects. You will have expertise in your discipline and contribute to proactive client communication, ongoing grooming of junior staff to develop efficiency, proficiency and encouraging exchange of ideas and knowledge, and support to Principals to grow the Transportation team. You will operate in an environment of strong support for professional growth, innovation, and carefully considered training and development across alternative career paths.
· Provide Traffic/Transportation Modelling utilizing current software packages.
· Develop new Traffic/Transportation modelling tools capitalizing on the firm’s IP and technology. · Provide Signalization design and plans production oversight.
· B.S. in Civil Engineering; Master’s preferred
· Florida P.E. license (or ability to obtain registration within the State of Florida within 6 months)
· Mastery of Transportation and Traffic Modeling software
· Mastery of Signal and Lighting Design with Engineer of Record experience (bonus points)
· Self-starters with proactive approach to solve problems and learn new methods and techniques
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Desire to mentor junior staff in technical skills and professional development, and ability to interact with senior level client staff.
Job Type: Full-time
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Flexible schedule
- Relocation assistance
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Innovative -- innovative and risk-taking
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused