The Refrigeration Design Engineer will be well versed in control systems, and with experience in industrial control panels and manufacturing equipment will work in a team environment to take a project from start to finish. This would include participating in engineering release meetings and communicating with the customer to understand what the need is in order to design, build, program, commission and hand-off the finished automation system.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or equivalent degree. (Required)
- 5 years experience in a refrigeration manufacturing business. (preferred)
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a sheet metal manufacturing and design
- Proficient in 3D CAD modeling and design (Solid Works, Autocad, Inventor or Solid Edge).
- Solid understanding of strength of materials, load path analysis, air flow technology, failure mode analysis.
- Knowledge of engineering compliance programs such as DOE, NSF, UL, and electrical code.
- Experience with other materials such as composites, plastics is a plus.
- Working knowledge of Lean processes is a plus.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Performs necessary functions (calculations, research and interpretation of multiple types of input documents) to design and develop new refrigeration units and generator sets.
- Utilizing direct customer feedback, as well as other feedback sources, will work to redesign and initiate improvements of existing refrigeration units.
- Works from input requirements or instructions to design or source new components or redesign existing components to improve overall products. Performs testing, and data acquisition, of refrigeration units. Designs test equipment setup.
- Determines and establishes specifications through engineering calculations and layouts.
- Oversees and assists with assembly of refrigeration prototypes.
Royston / Southern Case Arts is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Vets/Disability
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Insurance
- Engineering: 5 years (Required)
- Refrigeration: 3 years (Preferred)
- Electrical: 3 years (Preferred)
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Innovative -- innovative and risk-taking
- Aggressive -- competitive and growth-oriented
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture