Machinery (www.pacmachinery.com) is a dynamic, privately held packaging machinery manufacturer in business since 1963. We manufacture export packaging machinery to Europe, Asia, North and South America – World Wide. Our equipment is used in numerous industries, including medical, pharmaceutical, food, and electronics.
Clamco, a PAC Machinery company, manufactures bagging and shrink packaging systems. Clamco offers a full line of flexible packaging equipment, including L-bar sealers, shrink tunnels, and automatic baggers. Clamco has a long-standing reputation for quality and can provide engineering expertise to assist with customizing products and systems.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
We are currently seeking an Electrical Design Engineer experienced in the design of automated machinery and controls. Strong working knowledge of electrical systems, electronic controls (including PLC’s & HMI’s) and components in a hands on environment.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Highly motivated, organized, and self-directed
- Computer literate. MS Office; Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Familiarity using ERP systems.
- BSEE or equivalent
- Experience with 3D modeling
- PLC & HMI’s programming expertise
- Board level electronics design a plus
- Knowledge of machine level and related facilities electrical requirements
- Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology
- Minimum of 3 years of related electrical engineering experience is desirable
- Experience with LEAN or Six Sigma methodology is a plus
- Working knowledge of electrical systems, electrical troubleshooting, and electrical testing design
- Understanding of design and application of various sensor technologies
- Understanding of machine communication protocols and data acquisition
- Self-motivated and innovative, yet an exceptional product development team player
- Strong communication and problem solving skills
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk for extended periods of time. Must be able to operate in all areas of the Plant. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Salary commensurate with experience, full benefits package
Equal Employment Opportunity
Converting Technologies is an Equal Opportunity. Converting Technologies is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job related reasons regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. U.S. Citizenship/Permanent Resident is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $56,000.00 - $60,000.00 per year
- electrical engineering: 3 years (Preferred)
- manufacturing: 3 years (Preferred)
- autocad: 3 years (Preferred)
- electrical: 3 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule