S&R Resources is a search firm specializing in helping companies grow by finding key employees for them we are currently searching for a Python Data Scientist for a Financial Services Consulting company that is creating a cloud-based app that will be client facing
This organization has good financial backing and has potential to grow offering good growth opportunities as the organization grows.
We are looking for a data scientist developer who will play a key role in the lifecycle of the application
There will be a web front end using an AI engine potentially with .net JS angular Ror Python languages. The individual will work with a subject matter expert and BA to develop the app according to the requirements. There may be outside vendors doing the web interface part of the project.
The candidate must be capable of working independently. and also work well with internal and external tea members
The ideal candidate is adept at using large data sets to find opportunities for product and process optimization and using models to test the effectiveness of different courses of action.
The right candidate will have a passion for discovering solutions hidden in large data sets and working with stakeholders to improve business outcomes.
- Strong problem solving skills with an emphasis on product development.
- Experience using statistical computer languages (R, Python, SLQ, etc.) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets.
- Experience working with and creating data architectures.
- Knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural networks, etc.) and their real-world advantages/drawbacks.
- Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests and proper usage, etc.) and experience with applications.
- We’re looking for someone with 5-7 years of experience manipulating data sets and building statistical models, is familiar with the following software/tools:
- Coding knowledge and experience with several languages: C, C++, Java, R and Python for Data Science application
- Knowledge and experience in statistical and data mining techniques: GLM/Regression, Random Forest, Boosting, Trees, text mining, social network analysis, etc.
- Experience querying databases and using statistical computer languages: R, Python, SLQ, etc.
- Experience using web services such as AWS and Azure
- Experience creating and using advanced machine learning algorithms and statistics: regression, simulation, scenario analysis, modeling, clustering, decision trees, neural networks, etc.
- Experience analyzing data from 3rd party providers: Google Analytics, Site Catalyst, Coremetrics, Adwords, Crimson Hexagon, Facebook Insights, etc.
- Experience with distributed data/computing tools
- Experience visualizing/presenting data for stakeholders using:
If you feel you are a fit for this position please submit your resume to us with your compensation history
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary, Contract
Pay: $90,000.00 - $130,000.00 per year
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Python: 3 years (Required)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19