This is a great opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a start-up company whose mission is to provide innovative energy harvesting solutions to power applications ranging from autonomous sensors and actuators, Internet of Things, to remote control communications products to name a few, all without the use of batteries. This technology will work to eliminate the hazardous waste of billions of batteries a year and serves a great need in the World’s green initiatives. The market opportunities are vast and limitless. You will be joining a company owned and led by a business entrepreneur with a proven track record of launching businesses from the ground level and growing them to flourishing companies. We are looking to fill both part time and full time positions.
The successful candidate will be an experienced hands-on mechanical engineering that is passionate about the discipline and a tinkerer at heart. Your mind is always thinking of better ways to do things and has experience following through on ideas to execution. You are an expert on your choice of 3D CAD systems, and you use it routinely to figure out simple solutions to many common things. You have amassed a wealth of experience in mechanical engineering problems and solutions. Your experience is vast, and includes plastic molded part design, statics and dynamics analysis of mechanical components, basic stress analysis, design of small mechanical components including gears, levers, actuating mechanisms, wear analysis, materials (steel, plastics) knowledge and selection, corrosion protection, seals, design for environmental (IP rating), design for durability and life, life and endurance testing, DFMEA, and experience working with suppliers and vendors. The work environment requires a self-managed individual that can manage several tasks at once and is able to recognize and be adaptive to changing priorities. Works well collaboratively with others, possesses a can-do attitude, but knows when to push back for the right reasons
Time-to-market is extremely important in this business, and as such, rapid design and prototyping of concepts, proposals, and solidifying to solutions is the way of work for this business. Ability to brainstorm ideas, take and give input, and follow through on ideas-to-execution is critical.
This is an opportunity to leverage all that pent-up creativity, get ideas into working models, and experience the reward of seeing your ideas go to market. Salary commensurate with experience, along with other benefits, including possible stock grants.
Education, Technical Experience, and Skills
- Minimum B.S. in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited college or university.
- 10+ years in mechanical engineering and design of mechanical components.
- 3D modeling design expertise, SolidWorks or other mainstream application.
- Materials expertise and selection for plastic molded parts, steel, composites, etc…
- Design and analysis of small mechanical components involving gears, levers, simple and complex articulating motion actuating components.
- DFX - Design or manufacturing, cost, assembly, life, and endurance.
- Life and Endurance testing and execution.
- Project planning and estimation. in product design and development
- Refined aural and written skills.
Business and Character Skills
- Refined aural and written skills.
- Calm, cool, collective communicator
- Multitasker – able to juggle many tasks with high priorities.
- Agility – able to adapt and manage to changing priorities.
- Highly organized and structured in work.
- Able to communicate up and down the ladder effectively.
- Exhibits a true passion for their work with tremendous initiative and is a go-getter in product design and development.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $69,699.00 - $160,951.00 per year
- Mechanical engineering: 10 years (Preferred)
Work Location: Remote