Electro-mechanical Design Engineer
Paneltronics is an industry leader in the design, engineering and manufacturing of high quality instrument panels, power distribution systems, electrical enclosures, box-build assemblies, and electrical components.
Paneltronics' electrical panels, assemblies, and systems are specified on a wide variety of industrial equipment, specialty vehicles, trucks, boats and military applications worldwide.
Paneltronics' assemblies are designed and engineered for both standard and custom applications. These may include any variety of components, wiring, connectors, materials, panels, and enclosures that combined form an assembly that addresses our customer's needs.
Job Description: Electro-mechanical Design Engineer
Reports to: Engineering Manager
- Generate new detailed 3D CAD models and 2D drawings of electro-mechanical and mechanical design layouts using Solid Works or AutoCAD from internal or customer provided drawings, rough sketches or from general engineering design information.
- Create bill of materials using resident manufacturing software
- Create Part Numbers and populate specifications
- Revise CAD models and drawings
- Create drawing formats, check and plot drawings
- Develop manufacturing processes to maximize efficiency of equipment, workflow, and assembly methods
- Maintain project schedules
- Maintain the accuracy of the master documentation throughout multiple projects
- Create, modify and/or review technical drawings and ensure drawings and designs adhere to established specifications and standards. .
- Generate detailed CAD models and drawings, such as mechanical layouts, fabrication drawings, assembly drawings, and drawings of intermediate and final assemblies for use in production, assembly, and installation of mechanical and electrical panels
- Generate Bills-of Material to support estimating and production requirements
- Support purchasing and vendor coordination through component specification(s) & evaluation(s)
- Provide product support activities as directed with all departments (i.e. Production, customer service, purchasing and quality
- Assist the Production Department as required to interpret design intent, perform inspections or test panels and assemblies
- Review all work for completeness and accuracy prior to submitting for review and approval
- Must have initiative, be self-motivated and require little supervision
- Proficient use of Solid Works, AutoCAD and the Microsoft Windows office Suite
- Be capable of reading and understanding mechanical and sheet metal fabrication drawings
- Work in a team environment and as an individual contributor
- Demonstrate great attention to detail
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills
- Complete work in a timely manner and according to schedule
- Ability to learn and work within the defined company policies governing assigned duties
Desired Experience and/or Training:
- 4 year Mechanical Engineering degree preferred. Trade School Graduate or equivalent experience considered
- 5 years’ minimum Solid Works Assembly and Sheet Metal (CSWP and CSWP Sheet Metal essential), and AutoCAD drafting experience
- 7 years’ experience working with medium to complex electro-mechanical assemblies.
- Basic electrical knowledge to support wiring and cabling of electro-mechanical assemblies.
- Experience working within a manufacturing environment with extensive knowledge of manufacturing principles and processes.
Paneltronics offers competitive wages and a complete benefits package including medical, dental, and 401K plan.
Paneltronics is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
*Paneltronics, Inc. *
11960 NW 87th Court
Hialeah Gardens, FL 33018
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $59,000.00 - $89,000.00 per year
All personnel are following strict Covid-19 guidelines within the facilities. Including daily temperature screening, wearing of masks, social distancing requirements and limits within common areas.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Hialeah Gardens, FL 33018: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Are you a US Citizen or a legal US Resident?
- SolidWorks: 3 years (Preferred)
- Mechanical Engineering: 2 years (Required)
Work Location: One location