- Minimum four year college degree in a safety and health or related field.
- Experience designing, revising and implementing safety processes and procedural documentation.
- Construction, manufacturing, or similar industry safety experience.
- Knowledge of local safety and health regulatory laws (Federal OSHA) and practices of investigations and workplace safety.
- 3 or more years of field experience.
The Regional Safety Engineer must be an effective communicator, sending clear, concise and consistent messages verbally, in written form, and/or public speaking forums. This individual must instruct and train company personnel on safety policies, assisting the teams in incorporating our safety standards at their respective site(s). If chosen for the position, you will work with internal and external partners to maintain and enhance the safety of operations. Coordination with onsite physical security, vendors, compliance officers, risk management, and fire/life safety systems is required. Additionally, you will work with employees and contractors to achieve specific safety objectives. This role will report to the Regional Safety Manager and be responsible for continuing to enhance the safety of operations. Additionally, you will work closely with construction builds. This position may require some domestic and international travel.
- Implement safety standards, policies and practices including but not limited to:
- Safety Management systems
- Safety regulatory agencies legislation
- Collaborate with other groups within Amazon (Facilities Managers, Human Resources, Hardware Operations, etc.) and outside vendors (General Contractors, Sub-contractors, Emergency Services, Underwriters, etc.) as they relate to operations.
- Ensure compliance and enforcement of global safety programs and local regulatory legislation.
- Develop safety plans for on-site emergencies, special events and other unique safety situations to assure proper evacuation procedures are followed.
- Ensure safety record keeping and data integrity and provides Amazon with accurate reporting and metrics to support business safety initiatives.
- Consult and partner with legal for safety regulations interpretations and investigations.
- Develop and implement solutions to eliminate exposure to these risks and prevent injury.
- Partner with other Amazon affiliates to identify safety deficiencies and develop customized policies/procedures to gain compliance with regulations internal and external to Amazon.com and its affiliates.
- Adapt to fast-paced environments with changing circumstances, direction, strategy and deadlines.
This position requires that the candidate selected be a U.S. citizen.
- Experience in a fast paced, changing/growing organization.
- Experience managing technical groups.
- CSP or CIH preferred.
- Working knowledge of NFPA70e and electrical background preferred.
- High attention to detail concerning hazard awareness.
- Must be self directing and internally driven to insist on the highest standards.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including comfortably interfacing with site leaders.
- High ethical standards with proven ability to handle highly confidential and sensitive information; excellent judgment, discretion and diplomacy.
- Excellent problem solving skills and attention to detail.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and basic aptitude for learning additional software tools as needed.
- Ability to develop and implement department goals and strategies.
- Strong analytical skills with demonstrated problem solving ability.
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age