A global specialty packaging pioneer, CCL is the largest label company in the world and provides innovative solutions to the Home & Personal Care, Premium Food & Beverage, Healthcare & Specialty, Automotive & Durables and Consumer markets worldwide. The Company is divided into four reporting segments: CCL Label, CCL Container, Avery and Checkpoint. CCL currently operates in 40 countries, across 6 continents, and employees over 22,000 employees in 168 production facilities. To learn more visit us at https://ccllabel.com/about-us/.
The Sr. Business Analyst will provide ongoing support for all CCL Supply Chain and ERP functions, facilitating continuous improvement in process, providing system advice and consulting, aiding best practice sharing, and providing significant contributions to multi-site and division wide projects. The functional scope of the role is the entire manufacturing operation, including aspects of supply chain, quality, procurement and distribution. While the Sr. Business Analyst will work predominately at the ERP and Order Management level, it is the expectation that this individual have operational knowledge of the layers both above and below their primary level.
This individual should have a business oriented background and possess IT expertise in the areas of manufacturing and ERP. Extensive business analytic skills and experience working with business function leaders will be critical to success.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Elicit requirements using varied techniques suited to the situation, target audience, and constraints of the environment, (i.e. interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, workflow analysis, etc.).
- Critically evaluate information, reconcile conflicts and distinguish user requests from underlying needs.
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with external and internal customers to analyze information needs and functional requirements.
- Drive and challenge business units on their assumptions of how they will successfully execute their plans.
- Serve as the conduit between the customer community (internal and external customers) and the software development team through which requirements flow.
- Develop requirements specifications according to standard templates.
- Collaborate with developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs.
- Serve as the liaison between business units, technology teams and support teams.
- Act as a point of contact for local resources that need support on processes or systems.
- Train users on how to utilize the tools available and make process improvements without resorting to system changes or development.
- Serve as the internal project manager for short term projects.
- Maintain open lines of communication among IT and business teams located at the divisional head office, corporate locations, and manufacturing sites.
- Participate in knowledge sharing and the continuous refinement/development of internal processes and systems.
- Be willing and able to travel up to 25% of your time.
- 5+ years of experience in a manufacturing corporation.
- 5+ years of experience within the QAD ERP Application.
- 2+ years of experience in QAD Enterprise edition. EE2018 preferred.
- Implementation/Upgrade experience QAD Enterprise Edition.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate needs into system and operational requirements with appropriate use of technology solutions.
- Ability to learn rapidly and apply knowledge to practical use.
- Demonstrated ability as a self-starter, able to operate with limited direct supervision to define and develop concepts.
- Ability to successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. This individual will need to interact with individuals and teams, from shop floor operations and subject matter experts to management, both locally and remote.
- Cultural and situational awareness to operate effectively in diverse organizational environments.
- Knowledge of project management methodology and lifecycle.
- Industry experience in Automotive and rolled materials (paper, steel, etc.) a plus.
- Working knowledge of Six Sigma and/or Lean Sigma concepts.
- APICS CPIM/CIRM/CSCP Certification a plus.
- Automotive and EDI experience a plus.
- Progress programming a plus.
- Bachelor's degree in, or related to an Engineering discipline, Information Technology, Operations Management or Business.
We offer a competitive benefits package along with an exciting and challenging work environment! Apply now to learn more about this growth opportunity.
- 401(k) with generous company match
- Paid time off
- Gain share bonus eligibility