This position is the technical source of modeling information for various projects. The VDC Engineer will be responsible for 3D modeling, routing, and designing of process piping systems from P&IDs, Mechanical, and Process drawings for use in creating isometric drawings for purchasing and fabrication of materials for Industrial, Water, and Wastewater facilities. Write and respond to RFIs and execute submittals. Develop and maintain professional working relationship with owners, architects, engineers, subcontractors, and suppliers.
- Create 3D models and isometric piping drawings with bills of material for all required piping on the project in Autodesk Plant 3D
- Provide equipment layout based on piping drawings
- Reviews and develops an understanding of project contract documents
- Sets up VDC efforts for project, including but not limited to, software, file management, execution plans and workflows
- Obtain field measurements of existing conditions using standard and digital tools
- Develops and maintains piping line list with assistance of project staff
- Create and maintain piping issue log using BIMTrack
- May assist or lead trade coordination
- May assist with change order development
Minimum Job Requirements
- Education: Four-year construction related degree preferred
- 4+ years technical experience in piping design or field engineering of process piping.
- The ability to assume responsibility, interface and communicate with others is essential.
- Knowledge of basic construction processes and techniques.
- Proficient in AutoCAD 3D.
- Preferred: Proficient in Autodesk Plant 3D or equivalent 3D piping software, Navisworks, Revit
- Proficient use of all Microsoft Office Suite programs
Note: Job Description is subject to change at any time and may include other duties as assigned.
- Required to use hands to grasp, lift, handle, carry or feel objects on a frequent basis
- Must be able to comply with all safety standards and procedures
- Will sit, stand or walk short distances for up to the entire duration of a shift/work day.
- Will interact with people and technology frequently during a shift/work day
- Will lift, push or pull objects pounds on an occasional basis
- Will use telephone, computer system, email, and other electronic devices on a frequent basis to communicate with internal and external customers or vendors
- May stoop, kneel, or bend, on an occasional basis
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement:
It is the policy of this Company to assure that applicants are employed, and that employees are treated during employment, without regard to their race, religion, sex, color, national origin, age or disability. Such action shall include: employment, upgrading, demotion, or transfer; recruitment or recruitment advertising; layoff or termination; rates of pay or other forms of compensation; and selection for training, including apprenticeship, pre-apprenticeship, and/or on-the-job training.
Job Type: Full-time