Mass Spectrometry and Proteomics Applications
This opening is for a dynamic and self-motivated individual to support state-of-the-art LCMS instrumentation as an Associate Field Application Scientist. As a member of the Thermo Fisher Scientific North America Center of Excellence, the candidate will work within a multi-disciplinary matrix team that includes regional sales representatives, marketing and service professionals, product development scientists, and engineers. Primary responsibilities will be to aid and help customers become more successful with their LCMS Instrumentation in laboratories working on proteomics applications. Additional responsibilities include technical support for customers, creation of customer facing educational materials, assisting in LC-MS product demonstrations and providing pre-sales support to our LSMS sales team.
- Provide post-sales customer training and application support on LCMS instrumentation in response to customer enquiries, including remote, onsite and possibly internal classroom environments.
- Work with senior members of the Center of Excellence to develop and update educational content for customer training in the form of videos, seminars, training manuals etc.
- Assist in planning and participate in educational or User meeting events.
- Assist in LC-MS product demonstrations showcasing Thermo Fisher Scientific’s state-of-the-art mass spectrometry technology.
- Build new customer advocates from newly completed sales.
Communicate with customers in a professional manner.
Combine conceptual and analytical knowledge to independently address basic problems
Independently prioritize projects based on feedback from manager and senior team members and adapt to critical feedback
Perform other relevant duties as required.
Ensure that all activities are carried out in accordance with Thermo Fisher Scientific policies and applicable laws.
Represent Thermo Fisher Scientific by clearly and consistently demonstrating Thermo Fisher Scientific mission, vision, values and objectives to both our employees and end-user customers.
- Bachelor’s in Analytical Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biology or higher degree.
2+ years of hands on LCMS experience with general proteomics LCMS workflows and associated informatics is required, 2+ years experience with MS degree is preferred.
- Experience with High Resolution Accurate Mass Spectrometry instrumentation and Liquid Chromatography is highly desirable.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills (English).
- The ability to work independently with little supervision and a strong work ethic is critical.
- Ability to travel up to 75% within North America will be required.
Demonstrate Thermo Fisher Scientific values – Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement
Demonstrate Role Model Leader characteristics
Embody the 4-I values
Communicate openly and honestly
Focus on growth
Champion employee development
Previous experience on Thermo Scientific MS instrumentation preferred.
Knowledge of peptide and protein analytical workflows and associated informatics.
Self-motivated to drive continuous learning.
Track record in achieving or exceeding commercial management objectives on a consistent basis.
If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to complete any part of our application process, click here for further assistance.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.